Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Some changes made to stop the bleeding

Well Monday was yet another bad day of cash game play. Yes I am running poorly, but I am also making some poor decisions that are killing me. Here is an example of just one...

One limper comes in and I have KQ in the small blind. I limp in and the bb just calls. The flop comes KQ10. I check, the bb bets $10 into a $12 pot, the limper calls, and I raise it up to $50. The bb folds and then the limper pushes allin for another $150. Now I know top two pair looks good, but it is obvious that I am beat and drawing to four outs more than likely. He could have the other two kings or queens and slowplayed preflop, but more than likely he has AJ or J9s. So now I have a decision to call $150 to try and win a $272 pot. I should fold easily, but I dont. He of course flips over AJ and I do not suck out, and lose the pot. I deserve to lose my money there. The play is just horrible.

So with bad luck and bad plays comes terrible results. The bankroll is sitting at 21.7k, and now I have to make some changes. So I am going to drop down to 1/2 NL, and I am going to tighten up the game a bit. When I can show myself that I am making the right decisions and start winning again, I will move back up.

In the meantime, I will continue to play and learn. Best of luck to all of you. Take care.

3 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Blogger Gregory Damien said...

I must appoligize for hounding you about playing the Stars million.

I would like to know what bankroll guidelines you employ regarding MTTs.

BTW: There are quite a few Pot limit Omaha tournamnets at this year's WSOP.

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger billinga said...

No apologies needed Omenic. I love the fact that you have so much faith in my playing ability. The real reason why I do not play in the Stars million has nothing to do with the entry fee. It has to do with the time that it starts. Sunday afternoon is family time and I cannot see myself telling my kids that I am playing in a tourney instead of playing with them on a Sunday afternoon. I am a husband/father first, and a poker player second.

I do like the fact that they added some PLO events to the WSOP. I would love to play in one of those.

 
At 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home