Monday, January 01, 2007

Year in review

Well 2006 is finally over. The bankroll finished at 26k with my $350 win last night. No it is not 100k. It is not even close. With the amount that I took out I would have been in the low 30s, which is still not in shouting distance of 100k. So was the year a success???

I think so. First of all it was a profitable year. Sure I could have gotten a part time job that could have paid nearly as much, but that is not the point. I took a hobby that I enjoy, and earned a pretty sizable profit from it.

So what did I learn??? Plenty. I learned and practiced good bankroll management, I learned some other games like HORSE and Omaha, I learned many tournament and cash game strategies. I definitely grew as a player.

So what are the goals of 2007? Glad you asked. I posted them in the Bluff Magazine Forum. Here they are....

1) Have a winning year
2) Bring the bankroll up to 100k (since I failed miserably at it this year)
3) Keep improving
4) Try and get to Vegas
5) Play in the big tourneys on a regular basis (and actually cash/win)
6) Get enough Full Tilt points for that plasma TV

Obviously number 3 & 4 are the easiest to attain. Those are completely in my control. The others are attainable, but are more difficult. If I hit number 2, then I will hit the rest.

Well I need to get started if I am going to hit any of these goals. Happy New Year to all of you. I hope you all hit all of your goals for 2007.

2 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You had a great year Bill. Hope 2007 is just as good to you.

Happy New Year
David
AKA---ruleakn

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Gregory Damien said...

Hi bill

I really like the blog as a chronicle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home