Wednesday, January 03, 2007

1/1 and 1/2 results

I played some on 1/1 and won about $850 playing a couple of tourneys and some cash games. Most of the profit came from my 2/4 NL game and my 1/2 PLO8 game that I have started to play.

Last night things were going well when disaster struck. I lost a buyin when I flopped top set and put a guy allin. He called with a flush draw, not even the nut flush draw. When he hit that cost me about 300 of the 500 that I was up. I lost about 50 in just general play over the next hour and then I quit for the night.

So overall for the two days I was up $1000, and that put me at 27k overall. The year is off to a good start, but I know not to get too caught up in quick starts. Just play solid poker and the bankroll will grow eventually.

The good news is that I found out that I cleared over $900 in rake for the month of December which will make my $1000 monthly payment for home improvement projects painless. I hope to continue that run with my rakeback. If I can keep it at least in the $800-$1000 range then I do not have to worry about withdrawing the $1000 for the projects.

Anyway I will be playing some more 2/4 NL and 1/2 PLO8 as well as a tourney or two. I will update again tomorrow. Take care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home