Tuesday, December 19, 2006

You ever have one of those days....

When you just cannot win? I had one of those days. Here are four examples.....

2/4 NL hand and I have A10s in the bb. The button raises to $14 and I call. The flop comes out AQ10 all diamonds. I check and the button bets $25. I figure he could have AK and is feeling me out, though he could have AQ or maybe just a draw. I decide to find out right away by putting him allin. It now costs him $200 to win a pot of $290. He calls and flips over JJ with one of the Jacks being a diamond. He hits the King of diamonds on the turn for a Royal Flush. Then he tells me that he had a "feeling" and that he normally does not call off all his chips on a draw. Now I guess I could have just flat called the flop bet and take a card off or just raise him only $50 instead of going allin. What would you do????

Next hand I would not have played any differently. I have 77 in late position and limp in. The sb makes it $14 and the bb and I call. The flop comes out AA7. Woohoo a boat. The sb bets $30 and the bb calls. I go allin for $500 figuring one of these guys has to have AK and will call. The sb calls instantly and the bb folds. The sb flips over AK and I show my boat. Turn is a 4. River is a 4 and I am out a ton of money.

Now I move to my 8/16 HORSE game and we are in the 7 card hi/low portion. After 5 cards I have 7642A and all of them are clubs. We cap the turn for $64 each with one guy having a pair on board and the other guy only having two cards below a queen. One guy catches the case ace for aces full (all three cards are aces) and the other guy catches a 7 for a 75432 low and instead of scooping I am out on both sides.

So I shut off all my cash games and concentrate on my Omaha deepstack tourney on Full Tilt. With 15 people left (out of 198, 18 cashed) I am 8th in chips. I get 10h10cKsQs and I raise. One guy calls me. The flop comes 10dAs4s and I make a pot sized bet, get raised, and then I go allin. He has Ad4c5dKc. Turn is a diamond and the river is a diamond and I am out in 15th place.

So remarkably I did not destroy my laptop, nor did I curse or kick the family dog. I just shut the day down losing $500 which makes the bankroll at 23.3k. Today has to be a better day.

That is all for now. Best of luck out there to all of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home