Sunday, December 31, 2006

My big day!!!!!

Well it started with me wanting to watch my friend play in the nightly $150 tourney on Pokerstars. Since I had the software open anyway I started to look for a tourney that I could play. I saw a $20 rebuy PLO tourney and thought to myself that I have been doing well in PLO so why not. I threw in $42 for the entry fee plus a rebuy so that I could start with a double stack. In the first 15 minutes I doubled up with the nut flush. I then kept winning small to medium pots and I finished the rebuy period 7th in chips. For the rest of the tourney I was able to stay within the top 11 in chips (18 got paid). The whole 2nd hour I was in the tourney with legggggggy, and he was the only player that I knew.

A key hand that vaulted me to the final table was one that I had AKQJ double suited and looked at a flop of 992. The guy bet about 18k and I called. The turn brought a 5 and he bet 12k and I called again. The river brought a 9 and now he bet 6k. I am thinking he does not have a 9, but he could have had the 2 and now he cannot use it. I am thinking that my AK is still good, so I call. Sure enough he was bluffing and my AK won the pot. That gave me 100k in chips and I never fell below that amount again.

Once I was at the final table I just kept playing solid poker. One guy kept eliminating people and soon I was heads up as a 2-1 dog into the third break. I did not ask for a chop because I thought that I could beat this guy even though I was a dog. Sure enough the first hand I double up with AAxx against his KKxx. After about 6 hands or so we are done and I win first place for $2,633.50 which is my largest tourney win to date!!!!

As for my friend? He busted 3 out of of the money in the tourney when he pushed with AQ against 77. He lost the race and bubbled out of the tourney. I probably would have coasted into the money, but he plays to win, which is why he has chopped the tourney twice in the last month for almost 50k in winnings.

Anyway the bankroll is now up to 25.6k overall. I am going to play a little today since the wife is sick and we had to cancel our plans. I hope that all of you have a happy and healthy New Year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home