Monday, March 20, 2006

Weekend report and random thoughts

Let me tell you there is nothing better than March Madness. I spent the entire weekend watching every game and boy did I love it. If there was only one sports event that I could watch each year this tourney is what I would choose.

My bracket is still not destroyed, but it has taken a beating. I have 5 Elite 8 teams left (Duke, UCONN, BC, Florida, UCLA) and my Final Four is intact. Hopefully it ends that way after the weekend.

I am a Dallas Cowboys fan. I hate, I mean HATE Owens. So now I have officially gave up on the NFL until he is off my team. It will be like football is on strike for me. I guess that gives me more time with the family and more time for poker.

The Bluff Poker Tour starts on Thursday. Every single poker player out there should be playing in these events. They will be holding a $10 tourney every Thursday night at 9pm and Sunday at 5pm. The winner of the tour will get a WSOP main event seat plus a $1500 event seat!!! 2nd place will get a $1500 seat. Plus they are many giveaways throughout the tour. Beyond being a great bunch of guys, the people at Bluff are allowing you the opportunity to take on an outstanding group of players with great prizes all for $10 a tourney. The entire tourney is paid out, so no money is kept for the other prizes, they are just thrown in. Do yourself a favor and go to www.bluffpokertour.com and register. I can promise that you will not be sorry. Plus you get a chance to kick my ass twice a week.

Ok I tried to play my way into a couple of the big Sunday tourneys without any luck. I actually played waaaaay too many tourneys this past weekend. Fortunately my cash game picked up the slack for my horrible tourney play. Here is how I look now against my goals.......

MTT (ROI of 100%) - I am actually at an ROI of 137.44%, but I will need another final table soon to keep that up.

$25 NL tables on full tilt (8bb/100) - I am actually at 24.9bb/100. Still a small sample, but I think I can win consistently at this level.

$50 NL tables on full tilt (8bb/100) - I tried to move up to this level and see what the results would be. So far I am at a lousy .4bb/100. I will keep trying on and off at this level.

5/10 limit (1.5bb/100) - I am winning at a 4.2bb/100 for over 3000 hands at this level this month. I am feeling very comfortable at this level now. Hopefully after a few more months I can move up again.

So this is how the bankroll looks. I am hoping that I will break the 10k mark by the end of the week.....

Jan 1 bankroll - $5252
Mar 20 bankroll - $9424
Profit - $4172

Today is double stack day at full tilt at 9pm and then my pokerfox league at 10pm. Other than that maybe I will get in a 180 man SNG and some 5/10 at Bayou. Good luck everyone!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home