Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Back to my winning ways - results from 3/7

Well last night was a short session due to my bowling night. For those of you who care about bowling I shot 181-185-164 for a lackluster 520 series. What is ridiculous is that I went 0-7 on 7 pin conversions. I am a lefty that throws a big hook and I think I am going to need to find a ball that does not move as much. We did win two out of three games and we close to within 3 points of first place.

Ok back to cards. I played two tourneys last night. One was the double stack at full tilt and the other was the 180 man SNG at pokerstars. I quickly dropped to 1700 chips (we start with 3000) at Full Tilt when my JJ ran up against K6o. I bet 120 preflop and got two callers. The flop came up 10,6,4 and then I bet 300 which one person called. The turn came up a 2 which prompted me to bet 700. The river gave him his K and the pot. Thankfully I do not go on tilt, and I am at 3900 at the first break. By the 2nd break I am at 11000 and I think I am in good shape. Unfortunately I do not get any more cards for the rest of the tourney. With the blinds at 500/1000 and me down to 3600 I push allin with A2. I get called by AJ and I get outkicked when we both get two pair. I finish 69th out of 564 and fail to money. I pushed allin there because I was going to be the big blind the very next hand and my stack would be cut in half in two more hands. Oh well.

In the 180 person SNG I started off really well and kept it going for the first two hours. I was in the top 10 pretty much throughout. The third hour just killed me. I once again went totally card dead. I stole just enough to keep my stack hovering around 10k. I limp into the money with my stack at 11k. As usual once we hit the money people get aggressive and we quickly get to the top 10. Now the money bumps up when you get to 9 people in this tourny. It is not a big bump though, and I only look at what first place pays. I am 8th in chips when I get dealt QQ with the blinds at 400/800. One guy who has been somewhat aggressive makes it 3200 to go and everyone else folds. I decide to push allin and he calls quickly. He flips over As9s so I feel pretty good until I see the flop bring two spades. The turn brings his nut flush and I am out in 10th with $43 in my virtual pocket.

I played a small session of 5/10 that resulted in a win of $135 in less than 100 hands. Overall for the day my bankroll went up $166. Here are the numbers....

Jan 1 bankroll - $5252
Mar 8 bankroll - $7459
Profit - $2207

Today I plan on playing another SNG and of course the double stack at 9pm tonight at full tilt. I will also play some 5/10 tonight as well at Bayou poker. Good luck to everyone out there!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home