Thursday, March 09, 2006

What a wonderful day - results from 3/8

Boy was last night awesome!!!!!!! I finally broke through my serious MTT drought with a victory in a 180 man SNG. I ended up winning $1080. Here are some of the details....

Last night I was 40th with 45 people left in the tourney when my cards started turning around. I doubled up with JJ. Then AK actually won for me. After that I did some stealing and all of a sudden I was in 5th place. I fluctuated from 3rd through 8th place all the way down to the final table. When we got to the final 9 I was 3rd in chips. I was content to let the very aggressive chip leader knock some people out and he did just that. Then with 5 of us left I called a small raise from the bb with A5. It is just me and the chip leader. The flop comes 234. I make a mid size bet, about half the pot. He goes over the top allin and I could not hit the call button quick enough. I thought he had a mid pocket pair but it turns out he flopped top set. My straight holds up and I am the chip leader at 95k in chips. I stayed pretty tight until we got to heads up and then I flipped to a much more aggressive stance. I started of with a little smaller stack, around 125k to 145k, but after about 10 hands I won the tourney with a flush.

In addition to that victory I played a little 5/10 last night as well and I won $134 in just 83 hands. So lets look at how I am doing against the goals for March so far....

MTT (goal was ROI of 100%) - obviously this is skewed by my latest victory, but my ROI so far for the month is 614%.

$10 NL (goal was 8bb/100) - My Dad has not been on lately, but I am winning at a pace of 152bb/100 hands. The sample size is very small though (only 132 hands)

$25 NL (goal was 8bb/100) - This sample size is still small (only 365 hands) but I am winning at a pace of 26bb/100

5/10 Limit (goal was 1.5bb/100) - My biggest sample size so far (1,006 hands) and I am winning at a pace of 4.4bb/100 hands. I am most pleased by my play here.

So here is how the bankroll looks as of now.....

Jan 1 bankroll - $5252
Mar 9 bankroll - $8646 (a new all time high)
Profit - $3394

It is amazing how when I stopped focusing on the 100k number things starting getting better. Hopefully I can keep this going. On tap tonight is the finals of the Bluff Poker Tour (9pm at poker.com) and possibly another 180 person SNG. Good luck to everyone out there!!!!

1 Comments:

At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on the win, it must have felt good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home