Friday, March 10, 2006

A depressing day - results from 3/9

Man do I feel down in the dumps today. Last night we had the finals of the Bluff Poker Tour. The top 5 in the freeroll last night plus the top 5 combined point total winners (from the yearly standings + the tourney last night) move on to a 10 person SNG where the winner gets either a WSOP main event seat OR a WPT seat (winner's choice). Well I was playing well, not really putting my chips at too much of a risk when I get dealt AK. I raise up to 1000 and another guy goes allin for his last 1910 chips. I call the extra 910 chips and it turns out he has 66. Of course I do not win this race, and I am out a little while later. I shut off my computer in disgust figuring I just blew another chance to get to Vegas.

Then I log on today, and a bunch of people think I snuck in due to my combined point total. I am elated at having a 2nd chance at this. Unfortunately they were wrong. I ended up finishing one spot out of the SNG!!!! Man that hurts so bad. I don't know how I would have done in the SNG anyway, but to be so close and to fall short kills me.

So somehow I just need to pick myself back up and move on. I did play some 5/10 last night which resulted in a $90 profit for the day. So my bankroll is at a new high, but that is just not satisfying at the moment. Here are the numbers.....

Jan 1 bankroll - $5252
Mar 10 bankroll - $8736
Profit - $3484

Sorry for venting guys. Good luck to everyone out there!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home