Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I passed the 10k mark!!!!!!! - results from 3/21

Well I am feeling real good right now as I write this entry. For the first time I have passed the 10k mark for my bankroll!!!!! It is such a great feeling. I know that I have a loooooonnngggg way to go, but it still feels great to have passed this benchmark. Well enough about that, on to the results from last night.

First I played a 180 man SNG and the double stack tourney at full tilt. It was about 20 minutes into the SNG when I get dealt AA. I make a 3xbb raise, and someone comes over the top allin. I quickly call and they turn over 55. It looks awesome until a 5 comes up on the turn. I am out in 120th out of 180. Oh well.

On to the double stack. I am playing well throughout the tourney. Just before the 3rd break I get dealt AKs. I raise to 4xbb and I get one caller and then a short stack goes allin for a couple of BB more. I call and the other caller also calls. It turns out that the guy who went allin has KQs, and the other guy has K10. This is about a 25k pot that would vault me into the top 5 in the tourney. The flop comes JJx with one spade. We both check the flop. The turn is a 10 of spades. Now I have a gutshot straight draw and the nut flush draw. We both check it down. The river is another rag that is not a spade and I lose this big pot to K10. I manage to get into the money though and then just before the break I double up when I push with J9 and get called by Q3. I pushed because I already cashed and I wanted to either double up before the break or go to bed. I needed to push while it still meant something as the blinds would have taken up 1/3 of my stack. After the break I make a 4x raise with KJ and I get called by the chip leader at the table (the guy who had K10). Both blinds fold. The flop comes J82 rainbow and I push allin. He quickly calls with a set of twos. The turn brings me the teaser King, but the river is no help and I am out in 52nd place. A whole $16.89 richer.

Since I was busted out of the 180 man SNG, I went to my usual 5/10 game at Bayou Poker. I absolutely torch this game over two hours, winning $503 in 230 hands of play. An outstanding 21.86bb/100 hands. Just ridiculous. I have played 4,000 hands this month at that game and I am winning at a rate of 6bb/100 hands. I am now able to make great reads against players in this game having played them several times now, and I am winning 1.5bb/100 hands over 15,000 hands at this level. Another month or two of winning poker and I will try my hand at 10/20.

So for tonight we have another double stack and probably another 180 man SNG. I will couple that with some 5/10 play at Bayou. Good luck to everyone out there!!!!!!

Jan 1 bankroll - $5252
Mar 22 bankroll - $10235
Profit - $4983

1 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on passing the 10k limit..

Feels good?

Good luck on reaching the next level;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home