Friday, March 31, 2006

Bluff Poker Tour recap - results from 3/30

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz. Oh I am sorry. I am just exhausted from playing until 2AM and then having to get up at 6:30 for work. Last night we had Event #3 on the Bluff Poker Tour at VIP Poker. 208 people showed up to test their skills and try to win the $1500 WSOP seat that was up for grabs. VIP Poker had an outstanding blind structure and blind levels that really made for alot of play. Yours truly made the final table after being crippled twice in the tourney. Unfortunately I ended up in 4th place, falling just short yet again of a WSOP seat. After being the chip leader for most of hour three, I then went card dead and when I tried to pick up blinds I would get reraised. I went to the final table sitting 6th in chips, and I never regained the chip lead. My last hand I was shortstacked on the button with A8. The first guy fold and I moved allin with 27k (blinds were 4k/8k). The sb folded but the big blind called with 98. Despite having a huge advantage I lost to a flopped 9. So out in 4th with $165 in my pocket. The good news is that I believe I moved into the top 3 in points. The top 2 at the end of the tour receive WSOP seats. The winner gets a main event seat and a $1500 seat. The runner-up gets a $1500 seat. Our next event is Sunday at Full Tilt at 5pm.

Sooooooooo other than that I played in a couple of 180 man SNGs where I did nothing. The 2nd one I was in the top 5 in chips and I am battling the chip leader with my AA. I flop an A to give me top set. I put the chip leader allin and he calls with Q10. He needs a K for a straight. I dont even have to tell you the river card.
Then I play the double stack at FullTilt. I am doing ok there when I get dealt KK. I raise, and the chipleader at the table reraises me allin. I call. He has AK to my KK. Again I do not have to tell you what the river card comes out.

Then there is my 5/10 game at Bayou. I just crushed this game yesterday, winning at a sick pace of 20bb/100 hands. A wonderful profit there. So overall for the day I ended up winning $534. Here is how the bankroll looks.....

Jan 1 bankroll - $5252
Mar 31 bankroll - $11,457
Profit - $6205

Tonight I will focus on the 5/10 game and see if I can have my first $5000 month. I will post tomorrow, but there will be no playing on April Fool's Day as I am spending the day playing tennis and going out with my wonderful wife. Sunday I will be back on the felt though. Good luck everyone.

2 Comments:

At 4:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good grief man, are you not happy unless you are on every leaderboard there is?

Seriously, congrats on the 4th. I missed the first 3 tournaments, is it worth my time to jump in now or is it a waste?

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger billinga said...

It is definitely worth your time. You did miss the first four stops (unless you played yesterday) but there are 26 stops left on the tour. You can catch up in no time. Also there will be another 6-8 WSOP/WPT seats up for grabs. The next tour stop is PokerStars at 9pm on Thursday. I hope to see you there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home