Sunday, January 08, 2006

Technology Sucks - results from 1/7

Well I was set to play a 1000+ hand session yesterday, but now my computer would not help me out. It looks like I am having trouble with my graphics card, but I will have the folks in my IT department figure that out. Hopefully they just give me a new laptop and swap out the hard drive. So my session was cut 200+ hands short unfortunately. Now the good news is that for my 850 hands that I did play I won at an outstanding 5.2bb/100 clip for a profit of $301. This is my 6th winning session in a row, and now I am really feeling good about this 3/6 game. If I can get poker servers and my computer to work properly maybe I will even get back on track this month.

Jan 1 bankroll - $5252
Jan 8 bankroll - $5575
Profit - $323
Feb 1 goal - $9000

4 Comments:

At 11:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess you are trying to make 20x your money in a year. So for me to start with 300 I'd have to race to 6000 to say it was at all comparable.
I lucked out late on Saturday night. I was down another 50-70 and was starting to think it was the beginning of the end for me once again. Then I took down a $200 pot followed by a $30. Which put me ahead for the night and I quit.
Stack is around 330. Goal for the month would be $500 a month or about $16 a night. Sounds so possible when you say $16 a night makes you $6K for the year.

Hope you keep your streak rolling. I'm also curious if you will find that Fri-Sunday are the days you can make more $$$ than usual. My journal has proven this to be true for me.

GL

85

 
At 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like your doing well Bill, keep it up.

Wow 85, sounds like you had a good night as well...congrats.

Im slowly trying to figure out pokertracker(thanks for the help bill) I just keep grinding it out :)

PokerBen

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger billinga said...

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. The forums there will also serve to help you out as well.

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger billinga said...

85,

I agree that $16 a day is not alot. What limits do you play right now?

I saw that you quit while you were ahead. I was wondering why? Mike Caro and Phil Ivey both have said that they do not quit when a game is good unless they are not at their best. I never quit based on the fact that I am winning. I quit when I am tired, or I am distracted, or I have/want to do something else. So even though I currently have a 7 day winning streak, I will not quit when I am ahead tonight just to make it 8 in a row.

If you want I can create a chart and we can see who hits their 20x bankroll first. It is fun to compete against someone. Just let me know and I will set it up. You would then just need to make sure to post your results to me pretty regularly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home