Tuesday, December 27, 2005

I'm baaaaccckk - Results from 12/26

Well after two days of not playing poker at all in order to spend some quality time with the family, the 26th was about playing poker. In my usual 2/4 game I ended up playing 1416 hands (wow) and won at a rate of 2.9bb/100 hands for a grand total of $162.15. For those of you wondering how long I played it was about 10 hours of play as I tend to average 130-150 hands an hour playing multiple tables. Now unfortunately I also played some tourneys at Bodog where I was absolutely robbed and knocked out short of the money all three times just before the 2nd break each time. When all my money was in I was at least an 80% favorite to win the hand yet I was sucked out each time. After the last suckout I withdrew all my money from Bodog so I can concentrate on my ring games. With bonus money being cleared, I ended the day on the plus side $202.94 which brings my bankroll up to $5,436.11.

As I near the start of my race, I am rethinking my strategy. I have now played 4,666 hands of 2/4 this past week, winning at a clip of 2.4bb/100 hands. If I can keep that up for another two to three thousand hands this week I will start out my 2006 campaign playing 3/6 instead of 2/4. The ideal situation is to move up to 10/20 by the end of the year. I probably will play 15k-20k hands a month so it will be easy to figure out pretty quickly if I can move up or down in levels. No matter what happens I will not move past 3/6 until I have 25,000+ hands with a winning % that is greater than 1.5bb/100 (though ideally I would like to win at 2+bb/100).

I am also going to significantly reduce the amount of MTT that I play. While I do profit at them, it is not nearly at the rate that I need to in order to reach 100k by Dec 31st. Towards the end of this race I figure I will need to profit (winnings + rakeback) $400 per day to make up for the slow start that I will naturally have. That is extremely possible as long as I stay disciplined at limit poker. You will NOT see me at a NL ring game at all in 2006. This will be a grind, but if I stay disciplined I will make this happen.

Anyway I am very pleased at yesterday's results and I am thrilled with the new preflop strategy. Yesterday my VP$IP was right at 19%. It is starting to become 2nd nature, and in a week or so I should not even need the chart sitting at my desk. Anyway I hope everyone had a great holiday, and good luck to you on the felt.

4 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, Blogger Gregory Damien said...

hey bill

Merry Christams.

When looking at play at a level (your 25,000 hand samples) will you look at them in total or in smaller sample sizes. Your first hands at a level may bring down your average per 100 hands.

Other sites with rakebake can be found via :
http://www.rakerebatereview.com/

I'm signed up for pokerplex- (crypto skin) with rake the rakeback. They have a monthly bonus when you play so many raked hands.

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger billinga said...

Hey Omenic, Merry Christmas to you. I will be looking at levels at several intervals. With my preflop strategy set I am hoping that the swings will not as bad. Thanks for the link for other rakeback sites.

 
At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your on your way Billinga, I had a few questions for you,
1. How do you keep your self disciplined & stay patient?
2.Would you mind posting your hand chart that you are using?

I guess technically that's 3 questions...lol Well, lets me make a 4th. Was Santa good to you?

Keep it up. ,PokerBen Ps. When I sign up for pokerfox, I will tell them you refered me...I probably will sign up soon.

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger billinga said...

Hey PokerBen. Let me see if I can answer this barrage of questions (lol)

1) How do I stay disciplined? Actually you all are helping me with that. By making my goals public and reporting my results every day I have to be discipline or I will look very stupid.

2) How do I stay patient? The preflop chart helps. I stick to that chart religiously (well maybe 95%, I need to throw people off occasionally). By doing that it forces you to be patient. Also playing multiple tables helps because you will get a playable hand sooner.

3) I will not publish the chart because I have not gotten permission to do so. I will however send it to you via email if you would like if you send me your email address. You can email me at billinga@yahoo.com. I usually respond right away.

4) Christmas was great, thanks for asking. I have two young kids which always adds some excitement. Unfortunately it adds a ton of work as well. I have opened more boxes and put together more toys than most elves do in a year.

Hope that answers your questions. Take care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home