Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Disaster Strikes - Results from 1/1 and 1/2

First of all I am sorry that I did not post any results yesterday. It was my daughter's 4th birthday and we went to the new Aquarium in Atlanta. We had a blast. I needed it after the performance from the night of 1/1.

It was an absolute disaster. It started off with me losing a $150 pot with Queens full when someone rivered his 4th eight. Then it went really downhill. AK losing to A5. KK losing to 98o. I won only 1 pot in 7 tries with AA. I could go on and on but it would kill me to relive it for the third day in a row. I say that because then yesterday I spent two hours going over every hand I lost. With the exception of a bad river call every now and then when I felt my hand was beaten, I played very solid. I did not go on tilt, and my preflop selection was pretty good. Not perfect, but good. I ended up losing $400 though in my biggest losing session ever. My bankroll dropped to $4800, and I was seriously questioning what I was doing.

So after the kids went to bed last night I gave it another shot. This time I beat the game at a 6bb/100 clip for 4 hours. What did I do differently??? Honestly nothing. Counting some bonus I won $185 bringing the bankroll back to $4,985. Of course my final hand of the night I lose with AJ vs A10 when the river comes up a 10, but overall I was happy. So maybe I can win at this game. Time will tell, but it felt good to bounce back like that.

Starting bankroll - $5252
Today's bankoll - $4985
Profit - (-$267)
Goal for bankroll on 2/1 - $9000

3 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain on the quads( but for less money)- see my Bluff forum post regarding quads over the weekend.

I saw one guy hit them twice in an hour on stars in a tournament.

 
At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pokerfox $100k link is dead.

It looks like they may have given up on the lab rat. But with the eye infections it sounded like KSPD.

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger billinga said...

I am going to leave the link up for now because I think it is down due to some server problems they were having. If they did cancel the project then I will of course take the link down. Either way I will keep my project going until I hit 100k or go broke ;-).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home