Thursday, December 29, 2005

Results from 12/28 plus a shameless plug

Ok first for the results. I played in a $10 league game that had 31 people. Money went to the top 5, and with 14 people left I was about 6th in chips when I get dealt 88 on the button. I had one limper before me and I raised it up to 800 (blinds were 100/200). The small blind folded, the big blind called, and then the limper went all-in for another 1800. Now I know the limper very well, I talk to him daily, and I figure this guy for either 66,77,or 99. If he had a high pocket pair I believe he waits until after the flop to go allin. He could make this move with AK but I am pretty comfortable in my read of a middle pocket pair. Since now the pot is 4300 and it costs me 1800 I figure I am getting good odds on my call unless he has 99. I want to scare the BB out so I go allin over the top of the limper. Now this is the funny part. With two all-ins behind him he decides to call with A6 suited!!! Can you believe that??? Anyway the limper flips over his cards and it is 99. I am dead. But wait the flop comes AJ8 with one heart. I am alive and I will win this hand and go up huge!!!!!!! The turn is the 9 of hearts. Shit I am down but I will still win money from the BB. The river is another heart. The BB knocks us both out and I finish 13th.

So it is back to the ring game. I play a small session and finish winning at a rate of 2bb/100. My VP$IP was just under 17% as I was not getting many hands to play. At least I stuck to my chart and I did not play dumb hands that would have sucked away my small profit. All total my profit for the day was a whopping $29 bringing my bankroll to $5,499.22.

Now for the plug. I don't know about you guys but I am not creative, (unless it is finding a way to play poker with my buddies, leaving my wife home with the kids), so Christmas and other holidays are rough for me to figure out what gifts to get. Well a buddy of mine owns a website called FindGift.com that solves that issue for me. No matter what the holiday you can use their gift wizard to give you tons of suggestions. It makes a self absorbed person like me look like a caring person who gives up tons of his time looking for the perfect gift. Well I had dinner with my buddy the other day and we starting talking poker. It turns out he has PAGES of really cool gifts for us poker players. I added the link to the front page and it will take you directly to the gambling portion. Feel free to look at the rest of the site though because Feb 14th will be here before you know it. There are a ton of great features on this site but I will let you guys see them for yourselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home