Sunday, January 22, 2006

Sometimes the fish bite back - results from 1/20 & 1/21

Well "fishy Friday" did not work out so well for me. After going through the hands though I really cannot find a whole bunch that I would have done differently. For example twice I flopped the nut straight only to lose to runner runner boat. Now I did not slowplay either straight but people called anyway. Also 12 times I was dealt either JJ,QQ,KK,AA or AKs and I was 0-12 in those hands. Some of them I released right away like a QQ when I raised and had 4 callers and the flop came up AK7. Others I had to play all the way like when my AA came up short on against Q4s on a board of Q8324. Again I was betting all the way. So Friday was a loss of $200. Fortunately Saturday I played pretty well and ended up $100. Once Bayou fixes it's bonus money situation I should be almost even for both days combined.

Even though today is Sunday and crazy things usually happen to me on this day, I am going to play alot today. I expect to get in over 1000 hands today as it is raining out and there is not much to do except play poker and watch football. I will also play a couple of tourneys throughout the day. Nothing too high, just a $5 tourney here or a $10 tourney there. Of course if I see that things just look way out of whack I will cut it short and read a poker book instead.

Jan 1 bankroll - $5252
Jan 22 bankroll - $5925
Profit - $673
Feb 1 goal - $7252

2 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you work? Do you exercise? Do you do anything other than play poker?

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger billinga said...

Yes I do have a full time job as a sales manager at IBM. I bowl on Tuesday nights and when March rolls around I will be on the tennis team where I live. Other than that I also coach my son's baseball team and help him with his cub scout activities.

Most of my poker playing is after the kids go to bed at night. Yesterday I was out the entire day with the family and did not play until about 10pm.

So as you can see I do alot more than just poker even though I do love playing, reading, and talking about poker quite a bit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home