Sunday, January 15, 2006

Finally moving on up - results from 1/14

Well I finally recovered and broke the 6k barrier!!!!! I would be happier if I could have avoided that disaster on Jan 1, but at least I get to stop typing $5xxx as my current bankroll. Yesterday I really did not play too much, but I joined this World Amateur Poker Tour and they have this series of tourneys. If you win one of their "majors" you actually get a bracelet. It cost $35 to join for the year, but I was helping a friend out by joining, so I figured why not. They run two leagues each quarter in addition to their majors. One league is on Tuesdays and the other is on Saturdays. Unfortunately it seems that attendance is not what I would have hoped it to be (I figured 75-100 people).

So yesterday I sign up for their Saturday night tourney. Last week in this tourney I was eliminated when I got all my chips in with AA against 33 and the guy gets quads. This time there is a whopping 17 people in (it is a $10 tourney) and I take down 1st place which was worth $85. Not bad, but nothing to write home to Mom about (unless she is reading this then Hi Mom!!!).
Couple that with the $50+ I won playing 3/6 and a couple of bucks of bonus money and I ended up the day with a profit of $141. Not bad for only 3 hours of work.

So today I will try to concentrate on playing some poker despite two great NFL games on TV. If I find that I have lost focus then I will just shut the poker playing down until tonight. Good luck to everyone out there!!!!

Jan 1 bankroll - $5252
Jan 15 bankroll - $6037
Profit - $785
Feb 1 goal - $9000

1 Comments:

At 12:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Playing cheap trying to plug the holes in my game.
I think I've figured it out. I did some watching of tables the other night. Watched some good players so I could compare it to my game. Now I need some confidence and I'll jump back into the race.
Spent most of Sunday watching a friend play some monster multis. One was a million dollar prize pool. Which he took $1100 from.
The other was a $150K prize pool. He just missed. Fun to watch and learn from someone who is playing well.

85

 

Post a Comment

<< Home