Tuesday, January 17, 2006

"A renewed dedication" - results from 1/16

Ok I posted my 2nd straight brutal day that caused me to really look hard at what I am trying to accomplish. Do I really want to succeed or do I want to just have a fun time gambling. I have decided that I want to succeed. What that means is that I have to stop screwing around. I noticed a couple of really poor errors in my game that I must fix....

1) I have to stick to my preflop sheet. The last two days I have not used the sheet and I am raising when I should be calling and calling when I should be folding. That has to stop.

2) I am chasing waaaaaaay too much. This causes additional variance in my game. When I am hitting I am winning a ton but when I am missing my draws I lose a ton.

So from now on I will not play unless I have my sheet in front of me and I will not chase unless the pot odds dictate that chasing is a +EV play. No more gut feels post flop. I have let myself down and you guys down. That WILL NOT happen any more. I am going to make winning decisions all the time. I know I will not win all the time because luck is out there.

So there it is. I posted $230 loss. The past is over though. As Mike Caro says "you are even before each hand is dealt". I have lost 16 days but I have 349 to go. The next 349 will be much better than the first 16. Trust me.

Jan 1 bankroll - $5252
Jan 16 bankroll - $5568
Profit - $316
Feb 1 goal (new) - $7252.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home