Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Results from 12/20

Well variance kicked my ass yesterday, though overall it was not as bad of a day looking back on it. Three times I lost big pots when I had 2nd highest set only to lose to highest set, and then on one table I lost back to back hands when I held KK and AA. So how did the day finish up? Well I ended up $107 with a win rate of 2.8bb/100 hands. Not bad. I still believe that at this level I can win closer to 4bb/100 due to such soft play. Obviously when I move up I will go back to the normal view of 1-2bb/100. So far at this level I have played 2,130 hands (still a very small sample) and my win rate is 4.7bb/100.

So including my bonus money (thanks again pokerfox.net) my profit yesterday was $134.79 bringing the bankroll up to $5,427.71. At this pace I will start my race with 6k instead of 5k, but I will need the head start.

4 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you can call an UP day a bad day.... You are on your way.

85

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger billinga said...

The reason why I say it was a bad day was there was periods of time that I just did not play well during the course of the day. I find that I get too aggressive the first 30 minutes or so at a table, and then when I do go up I tend to loosen up my starting hand standards. These are both holes that I need to fix. I can overcome these at this level, but I will not be able to overcome them at the higher levels I imagine.

 
At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you plan on doing any weekly tournaments on a regular basis?

i see in one of your blogs that you play on pokerroom.com, how many other sites do you play on?

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger billinga said...

Well I do love to play tourneys, but I need to limit them due to the amount of time they take vs. the amount of money I could reasonably expect to earn. The tourneys that I will always play in are the Bluff Poker Tour tourneys and the pokerfox.net tourneys. I will try to play in the Bodog tourneys at 8:30pm (the have the 13.5k guarantee tonight which I will play in).

As for what sites I play on...

you can find me on pokerroom (my id is billinga100k), bodog (my id is billinga1), full tilt (my id is billinga), and I will be playing on pokerseas (a prima skin) as billinga100k. Come by and say hello.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home