Thursday, December 22, 2005

The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly - Results from 12/21

Well for those who thought that I would just write about wins every single day, I showed that I am human after all. Last night simply was not good. First of all I played in the 13.5k at Bodog. Near the end of the first hour I double up to about 2500 in chips when I get dealt AA. I have a maniac on my right who has showed bluffs constantly. The blinds are 30/60 and he just flat calls and I raise to 320. The big blind calls and the maniac folds. Flop comes KQ9 and the big blind checks and I put him allin for his last 1700 chips and he quickly calls. I know I am in trouble now. Of course he flips over J10 and I am crushed. I drop down to less than 500 in chips. After that I put my chips in with A10 only to lose to K7 when a 7 flops. I end up finishing 240th out of 466 players. Now I was pissed!!!!!

That is when I should have shut the computer off and watched Braveheart or the Godfather. Did I do that????? Hell no. I was going to get my money back off of Bodog. So I go in there and start playing waaaayyy to aggressively and I proceed to lose even more money. Finally I settled down and played some 2/4 at Pokerroom and did ok. Final total after clearing some more bonus was a MINUS $82.09 which dropped the bankroll down to $5,345.62.

So you have seen the bad and the ugly. What was the good? Well I learned a lesson today and it cost me less than $100 to learn it. If I am serious about reaching this goal I need to a) focus on playing my 2/4 game at pokerroom and other sites, and b) notice when I go on tilt and immediately stop playing. Kreiger says that we should strive towards perfect poker at all times if we are serious about the game and even a little deviation can turn a good player into a loser. Yesterday it did that to me. Hopefully I will succeed in stopping that from happening again.

So today I vow that I will still play an occasional tourney at Bodog, but I will concentrate my ring game activities to my game plan. That includes 3 sites - pokerroom, full tilt, and pokerseas. I look forward to writing about my better day tomorrow. Until then, good luck on the felt.

5 Comments:

At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Billinga, I have really enjoyed reading your blog each day...your poker race has inspired me to play better. Keep the updates coming & good luck with your goals...I hope you reach them. Also do you ever play at Ultimate Bet?

,PokerBen

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger billinga said...

Thanks PokerBen. I love hearing from people who read this blog (the few that are out there). I don't recognize the name, how did you find me?

Anyway I have played at Ultimate Bet occasionally, and I did win a entry into their $125,000 tourney one time for a measly $3 entry. Unfortunately I crashed and burned near the bubble. The experience alone was well worth my time and hopefully I can put it to good use when I play the $100,000 at Absolute next week. I dont expect to be playing at Ultimate Bet only because I am getting some pretty good deals to play on the sites that I am at currently. Good luck to you.

 
At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard about your blog from my friend 85 at UB. (I see he's posted comments here before)

Also Billinga, Im thinking of joining pokerfox, does it cover all main poker games?

,PokerBen (aka cc)

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger billinga said...

Yeah he has posted on here before. I would recommend joining pokerfox if you play Holdem or Omaha as those are the games they concentrate on. Between the articles they publish, the videos that you can watch, and the deals you can get, it is a great deal. Plus you get alot of personal attention from people who play the game for a livng. I have made enough from them in just two days to cover the cost for the year.

If you do decide to join up I would love if you could put me down as the person who referred you. It would be greatly appreciated.

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Gregory Damien said...

Tough luck Bill, I feel for you.

At least your luck is better than Eric's. Ha

Although I don't know your opinion on midgets.

Any chace you could add amount of time/# of tables for your ring game report?

I applaud your patience.

Keep it going.

100k

100k

100k

 

Post a Comment

<< Home