Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Update from 12/11

Last night sure was not fun. I was having a bad case of "riveritis". I was playing 8/16 HORSE and 1/2 PL HA and man I was getting absolutely screwed. A couple of hands to demonstrate this was getting Queens full after five cards on 7 card stud only to have a guy river the case ace for aces full after we were betting the entire way. Then losing back to back hands in Razz, one with 7532A to a guy who rivers a 7432A and then losing with 6532A to a guy who rivers the nut low.

So overall I dropped about $600 which puts me at 20.8k. I cannot worry too much about it because I am sure anyone would have lost money with those kinds of hands. There was a hand or two that I have played poorly, but that is about it. You just need to pick yourself up and just move on. Hopefully today is a much better day.

As for the hand that I posted yesterday, I ended up making the call and here is why. I am figuring that if he makes the move with 88-KK, I am a 2-1 dog, but if he is making this move with KQs,QJs, or KJs and I am a 55-45 favorite. I figure if you average the two of these then the 1.5 or 1.6-1 odds I am getting are about right. I made the call and he shows KJs and my ace held up and I won. That shows how putting someone on a range of hands will help you make a much better decision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home