Friday, November 10, 2006

Winning money never felt so bad!!!!!!!

Well lately I have been looking at the deep stack tourneys on Full Tilt. I really like the structure of those tourneys. I saw that they had a 35k guarantee on at 8pm last night, and I promised myself that if I won $150 playing on UB, that I would "reinvest" and enter that tourney. So in 25 minutes of 1/2 I win the $150 and I enter the Full Tilt 35k. We end up with a prizepool of 54k, and when I get to my seat who do I see to my left???? Todd Arnold (NSXT2) owner of realpokertraining.com. Since Full Tilt wont give me my money back I sit down and play. To make a looooong story short, I survive a suckout from Todd when I get him allin on the turn with his flush draw and he hits on the river. I am down under 2k in chips (we started with 3K), but I play solid poker. Somewhere in the 3rd hour I grab the chip lead, and I stay in the top 10 the rest of the way. After five hours we are at the final table of 9 people. 9th gets 1k, 1st gets 13.5k. We lose one person and then disaster strikes. I get A10 in late position and I raise up the 3k/6k blinds to 25k. The button folds, the sb calls, and the bb folds. The flop comes A86. The sb checks, and I bet out 45k and then he raises me allin. Now it costs me like 75k to win a 300k pot and I call (BIG MISTAKE). He flips over AQ and the turn brings a Queen to leave me drawing dead. If I put him on a higher ace I have to fold in that position. I was thinking he could be protecting KK or QQ, but that was dumb. So I finish 8th for $1353, my best MTT cash ever.

So I did not sleep the rest of the night. With the win my bankroll jumps to 27k. Today and tomorrow play will be VERY limited as we have family stuff to do. Sunday I should be back though. Good luck to everyone out there.

1 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Blogger Gregory Damien said...

First of all great finish.

It doesn't matter how you lose in one of those with the escallation on the pay scale at the end - You can taste the prize. The closer you get to first the worst it is.

Your comments, desire and attitude toward your finish are those of a winner.

BRSavage has made the comment the only prize is first.

Take some satisfaction in your result. And give them hell the next time.

Go Bill.

Update your P5 profile with your big new win.

Any chance of you setting up a table for top MTT wins. Like a top ten- I saw one on a blog by performity.

again

go Bill

 

Post a Comment

<< Home