Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Confusing times

Boy this last week has been rough for the poker player in me. This legislation has hit, and all of a sudden everyone is panicking. Some of my accounts have been closed down and money is being sent back to me. Party poker says that they will close their US accounts as soon as Bush signs the bill. I am sad about that one because I was finding a home at Party. I will look to Pokerstars or Full Tilt most likely next for the bulk of my play.

I dont think that online poker is dead, nor do I think we will all be arrested soon for playing it. The problem is that the casual player is going to leave and that hurts our profit. Eventually this will all settle down and we will be able to understand the impact. One hopes that poker will be considered a skill game and left alone. I will not speculate what is going to happen, I am sure you can find more than enough on the subject right now.

In the meantime I will continue to play. The bankroll is around 20.5k right now, I hope to make some headway this month. We shall see. Best of luck to all of you that are still out there. Take care.

2 Comments:

At 6:37 AM, Blogger Gregory Damien said...

The hand after you exited the AP BPT.

I get AA utg. min raise. I get reraised by the button. everyone folds. I push all-in. He calls and has me covered.

He has KK.

K on the flop. He ends with a full house when the board pairs.

I was playing kind of tight waiting for that kind of hand.

It was A or K high hands or multiple PPs. I folded weaker pairs UTG twice earlier which would have been crushed had I played them.

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger billinga said...

That sucks Omenic. I was so pissed that I lost on yet another 3 outer. No matter how well I play these tourneys I just cannot break through.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home