Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I can dodge bullets baby!!!!!!

That is how I felt last night after playing some NL on Party last night. In two hours of playing two tables I was dealt AA(3x), KK(2x), QQ(4x), JJ once. In those 10 hands I went 2-8. My first hand of the night I get dealt QQ, flop a set of queens but there is two diamonds on the board. I make a $24 bet into a $25 pot and the person calls. The next cards is a offsuit rag. I bet $60 into the now $73 pot and he calls. The next card is a diamond. He immediately goes allin for my $130 that I have left. I think for a while and fold. He shows the flush. Oh well.

Then at my other table I get two red kings in the SB. The are 6 limpers into the pot so I raise 6x to get some of them out. Two of them call. The flop comes QhJh8h. I bet $60, it gets min raised twice to $180. So now I have to call $120 and I just feel that one guy could have either a made flush or a hand like AhQs or even AhAc. The other guy could have a set or a straight. I lay the hand down and one guy has QcJc for two pair and the other guy has 10s9s for a straight. Thankfully no hearts come out on the turn or river.

So with losing all these big hands how did I do??? I only lost $72. It felt like a victory. I could have easily lost $500 based on those hands.

As for bowling last night we only won 2 out of 7 points. I bowled 171-201-135. Don't ask about that last game. My ball was moving too much and I did not adjust well.

Anyway hopefully tonite the flops will be kind. Best of luck to all of you.

4 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Billinga are you playing on the BPT this time around

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger billinga said...

I will definitely be playing in the Bluff Poker Tour starting on Thursday. I was going to mention that in the blog tomorrow.

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey billinga, simply wanted to state that, I truly enjoy your Professionalism. The way you conduct yourself in your blog the honesty, and the always seemingly positive attitude at the end of each blog entry.

Thanx! And Keep it up! ;)

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger billinga said...

Thanks for the feedback hosay. I am usually an optimist by nature, though there are times when I do feel pretty down when it comes to my poker results. I strive to not only reach 100k, but to show the true ups and downs one could face and hopefully inspire a few people to give this great game a shot as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home