Tuesday, September 05, 2006

To chop or not to chop

That is the question. Yesterday my decision was to chop, let me know what you would have done. Here is the total situation....

$10 tourney on Party Poker. 629 players. We are down to 4 people. Chip Stack are approximately (98% accurate)...

Player 1 - 700k
Player 2 - 450k
Player 3 - 410k
Me - 300k

The prize pool would have given 1st - $1500, 2nd - $800, 3rd - $480, 4th - $380.

We decided on the following payments...

Player 1 - $1001
Player 2 - $794
Player 3 - $763
Me - $652

I did not feel I was overmatched, but I did have company over, so my concentration level was marginal at best. I was still doing well though. Also the blinds, which were 10k/20k were going to hit me next, causing 10% of my stack to go. So again what do you guys/gals think?

So obviously I had a good day again yesterday, boosting the bankroll $900+ and barely clipping the 19k mark at $19,084. Tonite I will not be playing until late as Tuesdays are bowling night (yes I do more than play poker). Good luck to everyone out there.

3 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Blogger titans01 said...

I've never been in a chop situation because basically I suck at MTTs but I like your chop here. Your getting almost 2nd place money while your last in chips. It looks pretty good to me.

 
At 2:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

depending on the blinds (probably high since its party) it looks like you made the right decision

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Mohan Shrestha said...

Hello Guys,
We guarantee you that you will earn 1500$ in your first month by simple task. @@ 10$ Signup Bonus@@ More details log on http://www.mohaney.wordpress.com we have a referral scheme under which you can earn $10.00 as signup bonus, and 10ยข to $10.00 USD for each referral who joins through your referral link. No investment. Open for anyone, worldwide.

Earnparttimejobs is a new innovating job site, where you will be hired to do some task, different in type and number. <<< $$$ Register Now $$$ >>> You can earn $2,500 every month from data entry jobs on internet. You can make money how ever you want and work as you like 1/2 hours per day. There are programs which are paying $1.00-2.00 USD/per form fil. If you process more than about 167 forms per day on average, you will reach that level.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home