Friday, September 01, 2006

Rising from the dead

I should change my name to Lazarus. My bankroll hit an all time low on Tuesday, dropping all the way down to 15.8k. What happened? I cannot even begin to tell you. Twice in one session I go allin with a full house only to lose to rivered quads. Losing to gutshot after gutshot. Flopping a set of aces on a AJ3 board only to be called by KQ and the guy rivers a straight. It was absolutely brutal. I made the decision on Wednesday morning to take some time off of the cash games at Pokershare. I will only play the 10pm tourney there and nothing else for at least another week or two until I get my head on straight. That sucks because I have a great rakeback deal there, but I just cannot beat the fish right now and it is starting to impact my play.

So I wake up on Wednesday knowing that I have lost almost half my bankroll in two months. I plan on rebuilding by playing 1/2 NL at Party Poker pretty much exclusively. How does that go?????

Well on Wednesday night I post a solid winning session, with a profit of $500. That pushed me back over 16k, putting me at 16.3k overall. Yesterday I played 1/2 again with one $33 MTT as well. I finished near the bubble of the MTT when I pushed allin with a nut flush draw (AdJd on a rag board with two diamonds) and was called by a guy who slowplayed KK. None of my 12 outs came on the turn or the river and I finished 99th out of 630 people (80 cashed).

In the cash game I won over $800 though and now the bankroll is at $17,143. I was soooo thrilled to put together two winning sessions in a row. I am anxious to get back out there again tonight. It is my wife's birthday today so play will be limited. But I will get out there ASAP and I plan on continuing the 1/2 NL play on Party.

So I know I have a lllloooooonnnnngggg way to go to get back, but it feels good to be rewarded for some solid poker. Hopefully that continues. Best of luck to all of you.

3 Comments:

At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill,

Hang in there. When I've had a bad day, whether i played well or poorly, I try to keep my thoughts on a past day in which i had great results. That helps me from getting down because I've proven that i can win.

Changing the subject a bit, have you considered hiring a coach to help your game, share ideas, etc?

Best regards,

Blantons

 
At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see you on a good roll Bill! Keep up the good play and wish your wife happy birthday!

KARR

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger billinga said...

Blanton,

I have not considered hiring a coach as of yet. Either I am too cheap, or I am not sure of the returns that I can expect.

Karr,

Thanks for the well wishes. We had a great dinner on Friday with the family, and an even better time with our friends last night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home