Monday, August 21, 2006

The climb back starts today

Well I know that I have said that many times over the past six weeks, but I truly think the worst is behind me. How bad is it right now? Well after this weekend the bankroll has dropped to $18,740. So what am I going to do about it?

Well first I had to examine what lead to my rise in May and June, and then what did I do differently from that time forward. In May and June Pokershare was running a promotion for the WSOP. It caused many people to play the 1/2 and 2/4 full ring games. Those games have pretty much died off. In July and August I have been playing 1/2 and 2/4 shorthanded games since I cannot find the full ring games. That is going to stop as of now.

So the strategy is to play the highest full ring game I can get on Pokershare (which on some days may only be .50/1) and then leave when it drops to 6 people. I will also play full ring games at Party at the 1/2 level since they will always have players.

My rakeback wont be as much during this period at pokershare, but I need to turn this thing around. I am just not winning playing shorthanded. I should have realized this earlier, but we can make the adjustment now. It will be slow going for a little while, but hopefully we see a steady increase in the bankroll.

Keep your fingers crossed for me. I am really racking my brain every night to figure out how I can end this slide. Best of luck to all of you!!!!!

8 Comments:

At 11:13 PM, Blogger titans01 said...

Have you thought about moving away from Pokershare all together?

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger billinga said...

Not as of yet. I get a good rakeback deal from them, and I feel that eventually if this site will take off it will be profitable for me. Right now I am not winning anywhere so it is not a particular site problem.

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger titans01 said...

I had read from someone elses blog that the PokerShare games have gone to crap since their WSOP promotion ended.

My thinking is if your playing full ring NL you might be better off working off bonuses or getting rakeback on Ongame network. A 10x bonus at Ongame is going to be equal to 70% rakeback at full ring. There is quite a few Ongame's out there with bonuses and reloads at this level.

Just a thought.

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger billinga said...

Titans,

Is there any particular site that you would recommend? I have some money that I can throw into one of those sites. Let me know what you would recommend. Thanks.

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger titans01 said...

I assume you already have a PokerRoom account. They are having a reload right now that is good for 40% up to $200. It is suppose to be a 10x bonus but guys are reporting that it's showing up as a 7x bonus when they deposit. If this is the case it works out to be 100% rakeback at full ring. $200 would be a nice smaller one to give a try and see if you like the games there too. Here is a link to the discussion on bonuswhores.
http://www.bonuswhores.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=23626

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger titans01 said...

I forgot to add that for other Ongame skins, I recommend that you go through bonuswhores for them. It seems that they have a good relationship with this network and you can get better deals there and some exclusive reloads.

As far as rakeback on Ongame, I would go through RakeRebate.net and do PokesPoker. They give 35-40% there depending on your level of rake.

0-$999 =35%
$1000+ =40%

Good luck.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger billinga said...

Titans,

Thanks for the suggestions. I went to the site that you listed but I did not see pokespoker. Am I missing something?

Bill

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger titans01 said...

Ongame sites can't publicly advertise rakeback. For some reason Eurobet is the exeption to this rule. If you email support there they will get you the signup info.

You might try a couple of other rakeback sites and see what they offer for Pokes too.

But first I would exhaust all the signup bonuses and reloads if your playing full ring because they are going to be better than rakeback. For me rakeback figures to be a little better just because I play short handed and the way Ongame figures their bonuses it screws the short handed players.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home