Thursday, June 29, 2006

Results from 6/28

Well yesterday was an "even Steven" kind of day. I played in two tourneys, a $10 one on Pokershare and a $30 one on Pokerstars. On Pokershare I lost race after race and eventually finished in the middle of the pack. In the $30 tourney on Stars I was in the top 20 for most of the tourney (649 people entered). I lost a big pot when I was allin with AA against a guy who had KK. A king on the flop dropped me to 7th place instead of vaulting me to first. Finally I am sitting in 13th place with 27 left when I get 88 and I raise. I get one caller. The flop is 1062. I bet and he raises. I flat call. The next card is a 3. I check and he checks. Now I think he has AK or KQ something like that. The next card is a 9 and I feel the board has not helped him so I go allin for another 17k into the pot which is now about 35k. He calls and flips over JJ. Oh well, I get $117 for me effort.

The cash game I lose some when I cannot get people off of flush draws that the river fills for them. One time I bet $125 into a $125 pot with one card left. I have an overpair and he has a flush draw. He calls and hits the flush and wins a huge pot.

So overall for the night I win a whopping $35 which puts me at $21,193 overall. Today I have a pool party to go to that ends just in time for me to play the Bluff Poker Tour event at Doyle's Room. I will also play some more 2/4 NL.

That is all for now. Best of luck to all of you.

1 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poker Hack on Tour:

I'm going "on tour" with my 10 Seat SNG's.

This is inspired by the pocketfives website. There seems to be some debate as to which site is the easiest to win.
So I played at Party Poker last night. I was interested in the "steps" tourney so I started there.
Sure enough I found the style of play to be very different than UB.
I'm wondering if it's just they are even more rookie at the $5 level. Or if they look at the poker calculator which is offered with the site and just go all in any time their win % is over x%.

Either way, I had to play a different game to be successful. I placed 5th in the "steps" tourney which somehow gave me 4 of my 6 dollar buyin back. Then I placed 2nd in a $5 SNG. (The $1 as opposed to .50 to the house is kind of a bummer too).

I'm hoping that playing at various poker sites will help me adapt to more styles of play. Also hoping it doesn't mess up what has been a nice run on UB SNGs. (Placed 2nd in my SNG there last night).

It's going to be a slow climb. But when you are trying to get something for nothing.....
I'm also hoping that I might experience a growth curve similar to yours once I have the stack to support bigger tables.

Speaking of which "Even Steven". That's your 8th post in a row posting profits. Black Tuesday looks like a bump in the road now. Nice work!

Poker Hack

 

Post a Comment

<< Home