Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Results from 6/26

Before I go to the results of yesterday's play, I just wanted to say thanks to all the people who post and wish me well, or send me email, instant messages, and the like. I truly appreciate the fact that all of you are behind me. By the way, all of you can do this too!!!! All it takes is alot of studying, time at the tables, and constant inspection of your game. I do not possess any innate ability that you don't have in you as well. You just need to make the decision to apply yourself and work at the game.

Now for the results. Yesterday was another good day at the 1/2 and 2/4 NL tables. No really big hands to speak of, just a constant move forward. By the end of the night I was up $573. There were a couple of hands that show how I play differently now than I did a couple of months ago. Here are two...

Hand 1) I have AK in lp in a 2/4 game and I make it 16 to go. Both blinds call. The flop comes KQ9 rainbow. The first guy bets $32, the second guy calls and it is back to me. Now the first guy could be making a play, but the 2nd guy flat calling me scares me and I fold. Before I would have raised or called, but I never would have folded. Both guys had J10 for the nut straight.

Hand 2) I have KK on the button in a 2/4 game and again I make it 16 to go. The small blind calls me. The flop comes A98 all clubs. I do not have the King of clubs. He checks and I bet $30. He folds the hand. Normally I would have checked that down and probably lost to a 4th club to someone holding a low club. Now I stay on the aggressive front and figure that he does not know that I dont have the flush already. So I pushed and won.

These are the subtle differences between winning alot and winning a little. Anyway today is my son's last swim meet so there will not be alot of play tonite. Good luck everyone.

2 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bill, haven't posted in a while...I've had alot of issues w/ my isp & other junk going on. Congrats on getting passed the 20k mark....your certainly on your way. I will talk to you soon. ,PokerBen

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger billinga said...

Good to hear from you again Ben. Sorry about all the troubles you have been going through. Thanks for the well wishes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home