Monday, June 19, 2006

The same old story - results from 6/18

Well I played in the 25k yesterday at Pokershare and I had my best result so far, finishing 49th. Unfortunately the top 33 get paid. I was shortstacked when I pushed on the button with 7h6h after everyone folded before me. The small blind woke up with AcJc and beat me easily. I guess I could have waited, but I figured this would be a good time to steal and my push was over half of each of the blinds stacks. If I was called I figure my cards are sure to be live.

I also played in the Bluff Poker Tour event where I got eliminated when I could not hit one of my 15 outs to win the pot. I played in a 180 man SNG and my AA could not beat J9o and I was eliminated in 53rd. Overall I put in $142 in tourney fees without winning a penny. Good job Bill.

But my cash game was solid yet again. I won almost $500 playing strictly 1/2 NL. So overall the bankroll went up $340. A far cry from the last two days, but a solid day to be happy about. The bankroll now sits at $18,736. Hopefully 20k is right around the corner.

Good luck everyone!!!!!!

2 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I've given up on limit already.

It's not my game. I'm going to make a point of reviewing "limit poker" every now and again but it is not my game.

I've decided to be a strictly 10 seat tourney player for Cash. Then Play multis with UB points and other such incentives.
I'm limiting my cash tourneys to one a night. Then I play "points" games to build my UB points stack.

I've been at this a week. I won my first 3, Lost 1 and 3rd in a $10 SNG I played for missing a day.

I also played one big multi table and missed the money by 2 seats. AK with a K on the flop. Guy flopped set of Q's....

It would seem unlikely that you return to limit again seeing how well you are doing with the NL game.
I'm going to keep my Variance down by staying with the 10 seat tourneys. I'm not winning much money but the stack is going the right direction.

My first goal is $200 a month. Week one was +67.50 and I didn't spend hours getting there.

As the stack builds I may play $10 SNG's. But the % of wins may go down at the $10 table so it may not be worth it. At this point, I'm thinking my multi-table tourney game is improving and I'll take some leaps ahead placing well in those.

That's the news from the Poker Hack.

GL

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger billinga said...

That is an interesting strategy PokerHack. I know of many people that you can follow on PocketFives that just play SNGs as a main source of their bankroll. You should take a look and try to read up on their SNG strategy if you have not already.

As for me I really like to mix up the NL and the limit games. Late at night when the NL games dry up on Pokershare I open up a limit game at Bayou. I cannot imagine me totally abandoning it, but you never know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home