Friday, June 23, 2006

Results from 6/22

Well I was out with friends all last night, so I only could get in about 90 minutes of play. In that time I got very frustrated with 5/10 limit, as twice I lost a hand because I could not push someone off his draw. Once it was a flopped set of aces that was capped preflop and capped postflop but the guy stood in to try and catch his gutshot straight, which obviously he did. Then I flopped top two pair only to lose to runner runner flush. So I ended up losing $200 in my limit play.

In my NL play I won over $500, so overall the profit for the day was $347. That puts the bankroll at $19,060. Hopefully I can top the 20k mark by the end of the weekend. Tonight I am going out with a friend of mine so I wont be able to play until late again.

The question of the day today is how do you avoid tilt in your game? I told you my mantra yesterday. Let me know your thoughts.

3 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger Gregory Damien said...

Bill;

I play only MTT. So I can be done before identify tilt.

You can try taking a few hands off but later in a tourney that next hand may be the only good hand you'll see for a while so you have to be able to adjust to your new chip position and where you stand with the rest of the table and tournament. Much like transitioning to a new table in a MTT or the change from short handed to a full table.

Everything is dynamic. Including the players if they are not they won't be there long.

If I do get ousted in a MTT then I don't play for a little while to collect myself.

 
At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill,

I do not know how you deal with the frustration of limit poker, given the chasers. It seems that even with premium hands the capping of the betting only serves to make chasers stay in to hit something, as they feel they have already commmitted to the pot.

One example would be on a blind steal. Let's say that the action folds to the cutoff who raises. You are in the BB with KK and reraise, and eventually the betting is capped by the steal raiser who happens to have something ridiculous like A7os.

They are pretty much going to see all five cards once they have put in that many bets. Granted the odds are still with you and even when they catch their ace or inside straight on the last card, you should still come out ahead in the long run.

But my question our of curiosity to you is this. As a seasoned and successful NL player, don't you think that chasers like this would be more punished in a NL game? Your swings may be higher, but the amounts of money you win should be much higher. In your experience if you pushed one of these guys all in with your set of aces, what are the chances that they call that bet?

 
At 12:50 AM, Blogger billinga said...

As usual you make some solid points FrozenFire. I have decided that I am going to make the shift (yet again) from limit to NL. You just cannot punish people for dumb decisions in limit like you can in NL. Before I was not confident that I could make the big laydowns that you need to do in NL, but now I feel that I can do just that. I am doing very well in the 1/2 and 2/4 games that I play in, and I will continue to focus on just that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home