Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Results from 6/20

Well yesterday was another typical day for me, lousy MTT results and solid cash game results. I played 3 tourneys yesterday and I did not cash in a single one. The best I did was 15th when the final table got money. Why do I keep playing MTT? 1) I am a stubborn person and 2) I really want to work at it so I can get better. So I paid $38.50 in MTT fees and earned nothing.

I played 1/2 and 2/4 NL cash games yesterday as well and won over $700 between the two of them. If I could find full table 2/4 games I would move to those permanently. Those tables are hard to find on Pokershare. Instead I play a full 1/2 game and a shorthanded 2/4 game. I try to play two short handed games, but that is tough.

I thought I would add a question I received in my email that pertains to the games that I play and my bankroll. Here it is.....

I'm still following the blog and enjoying watching your progress. As a less experienced poker player, I'm wondering why you are sticking to the lower limits even though your bankroll has increased to the point that you could step up? Thanks.


Here is my answer...

I stick with 1/2 and 2/4 NL because I feel comfortable right now at those levels. Keep in mind though that for NL you should have 30 max buyins to play that level. When you drop to 20 max buyins you should drop down a level.

1/2 NL ($200 max) - you need $6,000 and drop back down at $4,000
2/4 NL ($400 max) - you need $12,000 and drop back down at $8,000
3/6 NL ($600 max) - you need $18,000 and drop back down at $12,000

So I do have enough to move up to 3/6, but I am making a good amount where I am now. I tend to be somewhat conservative with my bankroll, but I think that good bankroll management is key to not going broke and making poker a successful hobby or career.

Speaking of bankroll, my bankroll improved $686 yesterday. The new total is $19,422. Today I will play a little but not too much due to the fact that my son swims today.

By the way a special shout out to my buddy Greig who won a seat in the Mansion Pokerdome series. This guy has some solid game, and I expect him to come home from Vegas with one million dollars!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home