Monday, June 26, 2006

Opposite Day - Results from 6/25

Boy was yesterday weird. I played in three tourneys yesterday and cashed in two of them. One was the 25k at Pokershare where I finished 27th which was worth $250. I tried to double up with JJ and pushed allin which was almost a 5x raise. I was called on the button by A9o and he flopped an ace but I flopped a flush draw. Unfortunately I did not hit the diamond or the Jack and I was out. I then played in the Bluff Poker Tour event at Absolute Poker and lost with KK vs AK on a QJx flop when we get allin and he turns an Ace. Out in 91st. The last tourney of the day was at Pokershare. I finished 5th in their $500 guarantee for a whopping $30 when my QQ could not beat KJ. We were allin preflop and he turned a K. Oh well.

So you would think that based on my cash game play, this would have been a great day? Nope. Nut flush draws wouldnt come and many pocket pairs ended up being folded because a set would not show up. It wasnt a disaster, just a slow bleeding of money.

Overall for the day I finished up $72. That puts me at 20.4k for the year. Today I am sure to get some play in, and hopefully I can turn June into my first ever, and hopefully not last, 10k month of profit. Currently I am up $7850, which is my biggest month so far. Take care, and I will see you at the tables.

4 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill, you's got game, 100k here we....errrr ...you come.

Slow moving 3 toed creature

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Jerry said...

way to go bill, nice to see you hit another milestone. It's encouraging to donks like me!

 
At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice work Bill. Maybe I'll have a stack to follow in your footsteps next year.

As it stands I'm holding tight to my 10 seat tourney strategy, which started on June 12th.
I'm up $116 at the end of June 26th.

I've played 11 tourneys, Won 5, 1 2nd 1 3rd. (There were a couple $10 buy-ins as a result of missed days.)
So I'm getting paid at in 63% of my games currently. Obviously taking 1st is key.

On track to hit $200 in a month which is the 1st goal.

I've been playing a bit of penny no limit and .05/.10 NL as well just to try and add a bit to the stack. So far no major gains from the cash tables. No losses either which is good.

I've played a few free or $1 multi table games. Nothing yet there either. Those are purely "lottery" plays anyhow.

Thanks for the link to the pocketfives website. I've soaked up some of the info, hard to say if it's been helpful.
I'll be happy to continue my current pace. Until my stack allows for more risk that is....

Poker Hack

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger billinga said...

Thanks to Greig and Jerry for the congrats.

Congrats to Poker Hack for a great job in SNGs. I just cannot cash that often to make it worthwhile. It is awesome that you have such great results.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home