Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Black Tuesday - Results from 6/20

Well nobody can say that I only do posts when I win. Yesterday I took a huge hit playing at an aggressive 2/4 table. One critical hand was when I limped in with 22 and the flop came 772. An aggressive player bet out, was raised, and I flat called. The turn was a J. First guy checks, next guy bets, I go allin, get called by the original bettor. The pot is now almost $1000. He flips over QQ. The river comes a Q.

Well I know that I should not get on tilt, especially since he had the better hand preflop, but that pissed me off. Well then I run into a spell of nut flush draws that dont hit, followed by TPTK that gets drawn out on. It was not pretty. I am sure you have all been there.

So the net loss was $1,100. I was not happy about that at all. But I will learn (hopefully) from the experience and move on. The bankroll is still at 18.3k which is a good number. So far this month I have won $5700, and I know the number will go up from here. I just have to go back to my solid play.

Anyway I hope reading this you will learn to not go on tilt. Just keep making solid plays and if you start to let your play slide, shut the poker site off and read my blog. Take care.

2 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Blogger Gregory Damien said...

Tough loss.

If Eric reads your Blog maybe he'll find some consolation in the fact you don't always win.

But at least you always trend in the right direction.

Do you still use the same guide chart for limit and no-limit? When was the last tim eyou looked at it when you played?

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger billinga said...

I dont use the same guide actually. In no-limit I am looking for hands that can make a big splash like pocket pairs and suited connectors. I want hands that if I hit, I can hit big. You will see me limping in with 66 or 7h8h from almost any position. Sometimes I will even raise with it just to throw my raises off. Sometimes I will limp with pocket pairs for the same reason. I am always changing up the game on the fly, which is why I am not sure what people would learn by watching me play.

I agree that Eric probably would get some enjoyment out of the fact that I don't always win, though I am sure overall he roots me on. While I am upset by these one day lapses of judgement, I know that the bankroll moves in a positive direction every month.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home