Monday, June 12, 2006

Updates from 6/11

Well yesterday I gave the 25k at Pokershare another shot. I finished near the middle of the field. Not good at all. I had to make a couple of tough laydowns, and I just could not get a roll going. I finally went out holding K7 in the big blind with a flop of KQ7. Unfortunately the button had KQ and I could not lay down the two pair.

In the Bluff Poker Tour event I finished 11th out of 40. I served up a bad beat and then fell victim to losing race after race. My MTT game is just not helping the bankroll at all and I am starting to get disgusted with tourneys.

Fortunately my cash game helped me out. I was up $500 at one point when I flopped a set of fives with a board of 5Q3. I bet out $20 and got two callers. The next card was an Ace and I bet out $60 and one person called. The next card was an ace and I checked and the guy went all in for another $60. I called and he flipped over A3o. Shortly after that I left.

So overall the bankroll went up about $300 yesterday, putting the yearly total at 14.8k. Hopefully today I can cross the 15k mark. I will be playing mostly 5/10 limit and 1/2 NL. Good luck to everyone!!!!!

PS Someone asked me when I will consider myself a semi-pro poker player. My answer to him was when I can get my bankroll to 100k. Then I was thinking about it and I figure if I can make 30-40k a year that would make me a semipro. What do you think???

3 Comments:

At 5:36 PM, Blogger titans01 said...

I think you would classify yourself as a semi pro if your making 30-40K a year. I'm sure there is some guys out there calling themselves pros making that.

 
At 12:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great job Bill, tracking with u on bankroll, just crossed over 14k myself.

Big win was 7th in the BigDeal at PokerRoom two weekends ago,biggest buy in for me so far 300/20 and also cashed at the same time in the PP million, just in the money 506 but still, 5061 people to cash is pretty good first step. But of course had to put a bad beat on someone to get there, funny thing, get knocked out after 5 hours in the bigDeal(20k first, 7th only 2400 but still good), and the go all in pre flop first to act in PP Million with AJ, lol, AQ calls me but jack on the river doubles me up.

anyway, glad to see you tracking to 15k, hope to catch up with up. My buddy won a race for the bracelet on Full, woo hoo, 2k, 1500 in tournament chips , we are going to play the 1500 buy in on july 25, got our tickets and room (RIO of course)

Keep going up and drag me along with you...



ATL_Holdemfan

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger billinga said...

Wow those are some great results. I am very jealous that you guys are getting to go to Vegas for the WSOP.

Congrats on the greats results and keep posting where you are. It is good to have someone close to compete with. Hopefully we can both make it to 100k!!!!

So when will you consider yourself a semi-pro???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home