Monday, May 01, 2006

Weekend/April Recap

Well another month is in the books. I had a terrible weekend at the 5/10 tables that cost me about $800 over the weekend. Some of that was ridiculous beats, some of it was tilting about the ridiculous beats. On Saturday I flopped a set six times and lost all six. One of them was on a pot that was over $300. I had pocket aces when there was a raiser, and a reraiser and two callers before me. I just called because I did not want to show the strength of my hand and the original raiser capped. So five people spent $20 each to see the flop. The flop comes AJ2 rainbow. Obviously this is awesome for me. We cap the flop action, but there are only 3 of us in now. The turn is a 7 which brings two hearts on the board. Again me and the reraiser cap the turn and the one guy just keeps calling. The pot is at $300 before we get to the river which comes up a black Q. The original guy bets but now the caller raises for the first time since the preflop action?????? I am wondering he cannot have K10 could he??? All this time on a gutshot. So I just call. The original bettor also just calls. So we have a $360 pot in 5/10 limit, the highest I have ever seen. The hands??? Well I had the set of Aces obviously. The other raiser had a set of Jacks, and sure enough the guy who has called all the way through flips over K10o. It took all my energy not to throw something at my TV or to keep from punching my laptop.

So I was not proud of my play that day at all needless to say. Sunday we had our 12th stop on the Bluff Poker Tour at VIP Poker. I finished 13th out of 116 people. Those points will now put me in first place overall. I am very excited about the prospect of winning this tour. While I know that I am a llllllloooooonnnnnggg way from winning one of the prizes, it would easily be my greatest achievement in poker. Last year I had the lead at the halfway point and then went on vacation for a month and missed 5 events. When I came back I was 13th in the standings, and I climbed back to 9th overall. This year I should not miss any more events. Event number 13 is at Full Tilt on Thursday at 9pm.

So thanks to this horrible weekend I only made $139 for the month!!!!! That is horrible. Here has been my profit each month...

January - $1609
February - $22
March - $4596
April - $139

To say this is extremely weird is taking it very lightly. My bankroll now sits at $11,618 overall. This unexpected result has me cancelling my plans to move up to 10/20. I will continue to play 5/10 this month. If I can post at least a 1.5bb/100 hand month, then I will move up. If not, I will stay the course.

So tonight it is more 5/10 and of course a tourney or two. Best of luck out there to all of you. Lets hope May is a much better month!!!!!!

1 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Blogger Gregory Damien said...

What?

No mention of the Poker Analysis game at RVP?

You played well.

You would have won if I wasn't there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home