Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Bad beat story - results from 4/25

Well it is a sort of real life bad beat story. Last night was bowling night so I am on the way to the alley from work when I get into a car accident. I was stopped at an intersection that has a lane for making a right before the traffic light. A guy in his little BMW convertible is stopped and I stop right behind him. He looks left to see if he can make the right and then proceeds to go. As he is moving, a guy runs the red light and comes flying down the road. He slams on his brakes but I could not stop in time and I hit him. I do almost $2000 damage to my car. Plus I get a ticket for "following to closely" from the officer that we called to the scene. Not a good start to the day.

Now I have been driving for 21 years and I have had ZERO accidents before this time. I was late to the bowling alley and all in all it just ruined my day.

So when I finally went home I decided that playing poker for any substantial amount would not be a good idea. So I decide to play .05/.10 NL and a $10 two table tourney at PokerStars. I end up winning the two table tourney at Pokerstars for $72 and I win almost $20 playing in the NL game. Take out my entry fee and it leaves me with a $81 profit. This is how the bankroll looks as of today....

Jan 1 bankroll - $5252
Apr 26 bankroll - $11,753
Profit - $6501

Today I will be back to playing my regular 5/10 game and some tourneys as well. Good luck to everyone out there!!!!!!

5 Comments:

At 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you playing multiple tables each session?

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger billinga said...

Joe,

For the most part I dont. If there are no tourneys that I want to play and there are two juicy 5/10 games then I will. For the most part I play one 5/10 table and one tourney table.

 
At 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bummer about your car man. Glad you are OK though.

 
At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least no injuries...that's good.

I guess you will have to hit the 5/10 a little harder to make some extra $$ for your damage.

take care, pokerben

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger billinga said...

Thanks Max and Ben. I am ok, which is the most important thing. It is just aggravating to have to go through the whole hassle, plus the expense of it all. I also am missing my XM radio. Without that, my commute sucks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home