Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Results from last night and the BPT on Sunday

Hello everyone. I have no idea why my post is missing from yesterday, so I will try and recreated the portion that was important, the Bluff Poker Tour event.

Sunday was the 10th event on the Bluff Poker Tour on Absolute Poker. There was 192 people who paid $10+$1 each to try for the cash + a $1500 WSOP seat. Bluff even added a pair of Oakley Thumps as a bounty on one of their employees. So how did I do????

Well lets start off with the fact that I did not get any cards for the first 90 minutes. I played exactly one hand, AhKh. I won that hand, but for the rest of the 90 minutes I had no pocket pairs and only one other hand that had two cards above 9, which was K10o. I was down to about 800 chips when I finally doubled up with 88. Then I won another hand with KK, and I was off to the races. By the end of the 2nd hour I had an above average stack, and by the third hour I was part of the final table. This just shows what patience can do for you.

Now I headed into the final table in 5th place out of 9. One person went out right away and then we were down to 8 with no real short stacks. There was one player who kept stealing blinds, and I made a note to play back at him. Eventually I got my chance when he raised me on BB and I was holding Ad9d. I decided to go allin which he called with Q10o. Unfortunately the dealer and I were not on the same page and he got a Q to win the hand. I finished in 7th place an orbit or two later. I felt that if I could have won that hand I would have at least been in a heads up battle for the seat. Instead I won $67 and a ton of valuable points (80+).

So in 9 tourneys, I missed the Easter Sunday tourney, I have cashed 5 times and have made 3 final tables. I am firmly in 2nd place in the standings, and I am right behind the leader. This is important since the top 2 players win WSOP seats. Our next stop is at Sun Poker at 9pm on Thursday. The last event at Sun Poker I finished 14th out of 125, and last year I won this event. I would love to have a repeat of that finish.

Yesterday I finished 1st in my pokerfox.net league game which was HORSE. I also won some money at my 5/10 game. Here is how the bankroll looks.....

Jan 1 bankroll - $5252
Apr 25 bankroll - $11,672
Profit - $6420

Tonight is bowling night, but I will play some 5/10 limit and some tourneys. Good luck to everyone!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home