Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The slide continues - results from 5/2

Well I tightened up my play. Sometimes though you can do that but still lose. That is what happened last night. I was much happier with the play overall though. I know that slumps happen, and I will break out of this one. I played one WSOP freeroll thanks to Bluff Magazine but I did not place well. I made one big mistake reraising with 1010 on a 762 rainbow board against a tight player. He called allin with AA (who can blame him) and won the pot. That left me short stacked and I pushed with A8s to knock out some limpers. I get called by Q10 and of course a 10 pops up (why the heck couldnt it pop up when I need it) to kill me.

Then I played in one $10 SNG at Stars and finished 3rd. To show you how bad I am running, check out this hand....

*********** # 23 **************
PokerStars Game #4816196526: Tournament #24103433, $10+$1 Hold'em No
Limit - Level III (25/50) - 2006/05/02 - 22:22:44 (ET)
Table '24103433 1' 9-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: HeartlessJon (1445 in chips)
Seat 2: machineman55 (1085 in chips)
Seat 3: donkeykilla (2205 in chips)
Seat 4: Isabella7 (2795 in chips)
Seat 5: dpdsr (840 in chips)
Seat 7: billinga (1280 in chips)
Seat 8: Mesq_Lady2 (220 in chips)
Seat 9: VirtualPlaya (3630 in chips)
billinga: posts small blind 25
Mesq_Lady2: posts big blind 50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to billinga [Tc Td]
VirtualPlaya: folds
HeartlessJon: folds
machineman55: calls 50
Andruw3117 [observer] said, "she played j3, thats the horror lady"
donkeykilla: folds
Isabella7: folds
dpdsr said, "I was wondering when someone would poinrt that out"
dpdsr: calls 50
billinga: raises 200 to 250
Mesq_Lady2: calls 170 and is all-in
machineman55 is disconnected
machineman55 has timed out while disconnected
machineman55: folds
machineman55 is sitting out
dpdsr: calls 200
*** FLOP *** [8h 2s Th]
billinga: bets 200
dpdsr: folds
dpdsr said, "she paid 30 to see a flop with suited cards in late
position"
*** TURN *** [8h 2s Th] [8s]
*** RIVER *** [8h 2s Th 8s] [Jd]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
billinga: shows [Tc Td] (a full house, Tens full of Eights)
dpdsr said, "vnh"
billinga collected 60 from side pot
Mesq_Lady2: shows [8d 8c] (four of a kind, Eights)
Mesq_Lady2 collected 710 from main pot
Isabella7 said, "sux"
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 770 Main pot 710. Side pot 60. | Rake 0
Board [8h 2s Th 8s Jd]
Seat 1: HeartlessJon folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: machineman55 folded before Flop
Seat 3: donkeykilla folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: Isabella7 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: dpdsr (button) folded on the Flop
Seat 7: billinga (small blind) showed [Tc Td] and won (60) with a full
house, Tens full of Eights
Seat 8: Mesq_Lady2 (big blind) showed [8d 8c] and won (710) with four
of a kind, Eights
Seat 9: VirtualPlaya folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Fortunately I did not lose many chips, and I was able to cash. It sure was aggravating though.

So tonight will be alot more playing since I dont have anything going on. The bankroll now sits at $11,220. Hopefully that is as low as it gets. Take care and good luck everyone.

4 Comments:

At 10:54 AM, Blogger Gregory Damien said...

How in the name of any superior being did you win the PA freeroll League twice?

I can't even finish in the top 25 of any one game. I hope you try to defend in December.

It'd be funny to see Freeroll League winner:
Dec -04
Dec -05
Dec -06

There's a level to your game I'm not seeing.

Your MTT game is really good maybe play multi-table SnGs. You might not to get your full range of moves in one table.

Or stick to MTT.

Just a suggestion.

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger billinga said...

Yeah it is funny that I have won that thing twice considering how good the field is. I have qualified for the end of month final 10 times and never even played in the final because of other commitments. They have a rule saying that you have to finish in the top 25 in 3 different tourneys to qualify. There have been months I have qualified even though I only played in three events.

I do have a knack for MTT as my play in the Bluff Poker Tour has shown. My first year on the tour I thought I was lucky but now after my start this year I figure I may have stumbled on to something. That is why I want to play in the Sunday tourneys by the end of the year to see how good my skills really are.

As you know I have pretty much given up the PA league so I am not sure if I will try and defend the title for another year. But you never know ;-).

CYA on Thursday and get on ICQ so we can chat. Take care.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Gregory Damien said...

If you are watching all the Mets games then can you tell meif Beltran is a bum or what?

Is NY too much for him?

Having Delgado protecting him doesn't seem to be helping.

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger billinga said...

I will tell you that Beltran will be fine. Keep in mind that he was not a top 10 player before he came to the Mets. He had a great playoff series and took advantage of it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home