Saturday, May 13, 2006

A nice day but a little aggravation - results from 5/12

So yesterday was a very interesting day. I played a couple of tourneys on Pokershare with lousy results. Then I go play a .50/1 NL cash game on pokershare and win all my entry fees back plus another $108.

I then made the kids dinner and when I came back to play all the good tourneys at pokershare were over. They cater to the European market so they stop having good tourneys at like 8pm est.

So I decide to play in a 180 man SNG. Just as I get started five guys from the Bluff Magazine Forum decide to play in another 180 man SNG. They decided to do a $5 last longer bet plus the six of us would split any earnings equally. I figured what the hell, let me join in on the fun.

So I fire up a 2nd 180 man SNG. Both of these are the $20 one on Stars. I love those tourneys because the blind structure is awesome. In my first SNG I slowly build up chips during the first hour. At the end of hour one I am at about 5k. By hour two I am at 12k and pretty much in the money. Then hour three came and I started picking people off like crazy. When we got to the final table I was chip leader with 70k. With 4 people left I had almost all the chips. Then the aggravation came. One guy had connection problems and since we were at the final table they would give him like 4 minutes each round to make his move. He finally went out 4th. We knock out another guy and I am up 5-1 in chips heads up. He chips away and wins some small pots when we get allin with me holding 55 and him holding 33. The flop comes up 223 and I am stuck rooting for a 5 that never came. That gave him the chip lead and about 15 minutes later he wins the tourney. I was really upset with that 2nd place finish even though it was worth $720. I felt that I should have won if not for that damn 3.

So how did the other 180 man SNG go???? Well all 5 of my buddies finished out of the money (thanks guys!!!), with the closest being my buddy Jeremy who finished 20th. I reach my 2nd final table and finish 5th for $234. I won $5 from each of my friends and then we split the winnings.

So back to back final tables is a pretty damn awesome feeling. Hopefully that jump starts the bankroll again. It jumped $958 overall last night, which puts it back over 12k. Here is how it looks as of today....

Jan 1 bankroll - $5252
May 13 bankroll - $12,418
Profit - $7166

Today I am playing a live tourney at a friend's house. Tomorrow I may play late because I am spending time with my family. I am cooking dinner so hopefully I do not burn the house down. Take care and good luck.

3 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

given your track record, i can't really say that i would ever recomend you swap percentages with anyone for these SnGs. i'd only do it with someone else who you regularly see at final tables. are all of those guys that good?

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger billinga said...

I would say that are just as good as me. It would not matter though because I was just doing this for the fun of it. Getting to root each other on and stuff. I did not do it for a money making venture.

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Gregory Damien said...

NIce job on the SnGs Bill- I miss all the fun. PM me or something.

did you see this one?

http://bill-ivey.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home