Tuesday, April 11, 2006

A little poker lesson

Well I have always heard how you need to be careful of the environment that you play in. This past week I have had my parents in town and my kids were off of school. I decided to schedule a week off for vacation so I can spend some time with the family. My Dad loves cards as well so I was sure that poker would be involved. Well needless to say that environment was not the one I needed to succeed. Between my Mom telling me how bad poker is and that I play too much, my Dad looking over my shoulder at every move that I make, and my kids constantly at my heels, I just went on tilt. I should have stepped away from the computer for the entire week. Keep in mind that I did not play a bunch, but when I did I played poorly. Now I am not blaming them for my poor play, it was my reactions and my poor decisions that caused the decline. But I have learned my lesson. From now on I just take the time off rather than play.

So what happened? My cash game crashed terribly and I was impatient on my tourney play. Here is where my bankroll sits (make sure you are sitting before you read this...)


Jan 1 bankroll - $5252
Apr 11 bankroll - $10,966
Profit - $5714

So yes I have had a $1400 decline in a week. It is sickening, but I will get over it and be back even stronger than before. Today will be a light day due to the fact that it is bowling night. I may get in a 180 man SNG and some 5/10 play but that will be it. Good luck out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home