Thursday, April 06, 2006

Black Thursday - Results from 4/6

Well I really do not want to type this post. But I have to in order to put forth an honest picture of poker. Today variance kicked my ass. It was kicked hard. First of all lets go to the Bluff Poker Tour. All is going well when after the break I am still in the top 30. I get dealt 66 on the button and I limp in. I am raised from the big blind and I call. The flop comes 689 rainbow. He bets 500, and I go allin for another 2000. He calls and flips over QQ. The turn is a K and the river is a Q. I am done. At the same time I am in a SNG close to the money (we have 23 people left). I get dealt QQ in the small blind. I am raised on the button and I reraise allin. The guy calls off 90% of his stack with A3o. An ace flops and I am out.

Well I have the cash game right? Wrong!!!!!!! I get absolutely crushed every single time. I end up losing $800 in my cash game for the day. I will revisit this session, but I can show so many runner runner hands it was sickening. So for the day I have lost $860. Here is how the bankroll looks.....

Jan 1 - $5252
Apr 6 - $11,470
Profit - $6,218

Tomorrow there will be no online poker. I do have a live game with my buddies tomorrow night. I will most likely stay away from the game the next two days and resume on Sunday. I need some time off to let this settle in. Good luck to everyone out there.

4 Comments:

At 2:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take solace in the fact that you are a good player with a good bankroll who knows setbacks are to be expected.
Enjoy the workout that it gives your mind.

Caber1

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger actyper said...

Variance sucks my friend.

 
At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just remember that poker is a game of long term results. In the long run, you will come out ahead if you play smart. I always use loosing streaks as an eye opener, just when you think you have this game figured out, a run of bad cards can sure spoil it for you. Take care Bill.

,PokerBen

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Quackpot said...

Variance sucks. But on the bright side, you still have more chips than me. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home