Monday, February 27, 2006

Am I allowed to win one race?? Results from 2/26

Well I did not play a ton of poker yesterday due to family obligations. When I did play I was aggravated. Anybody who thinks that you cannot win with AK should try playing it against me. Twice last night I was knocked out in a race with AK. The first time I am 5 off the bubble with a somewhat short stack when I push allin with QQ. Of course AK calls my QQ and he flops an ace and I am sent packing. The second time I am at the final table of a sat to the KIWI $215 New Zealand tourney. I am in 6th place with 7 people left and the top 2 get paid. I have about 5 times the bb and I push allin from late position with 99. I get called by AKs and the flop comes up 7810 but the turn is a rag and the river is the king. Oh well.

I pretty much break even in my ring games which puts me in the hole a whopping $39. Definitely not a great day, but it did not kill me. Today I may play in one of those Pokerstars tourneys or the 9pm Full Tilt Double Stack tourney along with my usual 5/10 game.

By the way I am sure you have heard about the people who have played multiple accounts in the big weekend tourneys. As far as I am concerned this is disgraceful. They may be better poker players, but they sure are poor human beings. This is starting to become poker's version of steroids. As soon as we someone killing the weekend tourneys everyone will start to wonder if they are "juicing". It is a shame, I love to watch these tourneys in action and now I don't know who is legit and who is not.

Anyway good luck out there.

Jan 1 bankroll - $5252
Feb 27 bankroll - $7281
Profit - $2029
Mar 1 goal - $10000 (color me disappointed)

5 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haven't read your blog for a few days as I have been on a small vacation at Spitsbergen.

Was nice to see when I got back that you are trying out more games and that you are testing NL games again together with the 180 player SnG's.

In a short while from now I'm sure you will be feared at both. You're an up and rising player and it's good to see things are going the way they are.

gl at the tables ;)

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger billinga said...

Thanks for the good words Fonde. After last night's ass kicking by the bitch known as variance I sure do not feel like a good player. I do love the game though, and I will keep working on it.

 
At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There will always be downs.

Just don't let it get to you ;)

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Gregory Damien said...

You can do it bill.

I was just giving you a hard time last night. Your MTT results will go back the other way to success because you were already successful there.

Are you playing differently? I'm just seeing your PA results.

I go out early in a lot of tournies because I push and run into something. But if I don't or I double up early I'm gonna play deep into the tourney.

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger billinga said...

That is ok Omenic, I can take the teasing. I really don't mind it. I am not sure if I am playing differently. I don't think so. Here is a perfect example from the league final. I have KJ on the button and I raise to 700 from the SB after everyone folds. Blinds were 100/200. Flop comes K52 all spades. I go allin and of course I am called by Pekabo who called off almost half her stack with the 63 of spades. She said she was defending her big blind and did not look at her cards. It is just unreal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home