Wednesday, February 01, 2006

A quiet day - results from 1/31

Well last night was bowling night, and man did I bowl like shit. I got a new bowling ball and I could not hit the ocean if I was standing on the beach. I shot 121-153-176. The good news is that we won all 3 games against the first place team which should vault us into first or second place.

Ok enough about bowling. I got home and I really did not feel like I was at my best so instead of playing 5/10 and risking destruction I decided to play in my two league tourneys. The first tourney was essentially a $5 SNG since we only had 11 people. I finished in first place and won $27 I believe. The second tourney was a $200 freeroll given to the top 50 players in my poker league each month. I ended up finishing 2nd in that tourney which netted me another $35. This is the same field that I will be facing in my WSOP sat on Saturday. Hopefully I can finish first in that tourney.

So I ended up winning a little money and building some confidence in my tournament game which I have been sorely lacking. Tonight I am back and ready to play 5/10 again. As for a goal this month, I figure this is a short month that will be even shorter since I will be playing live for 4 days of it. Even though I will count the wins/losses of the live game, I have decided to make my goal to reach 10k. I will need to win a little over $100 a day to accomplish that. I am not really stretching myself too hard, but I want something that will not cause me to press while I continue to learn the 5/10 level.

Jan 1 bankroll - $5252
Feb 1 bankroll - $6861 (with the money owed to me it would be $7014)
Profit - $1609/$1762 with the $153 owed in bonus
March 1 goal - $10,000 (boy that looks good!!!)

4 Comments:

At 5:00 PM, Blogger titans01 said...

If I break 100 bowling, I feel like I've accomplished something. I really like your blog and wish I could do something like yours but I'm not in the position where I can leave my bankroll alone. Good luck on hitting the 10k this month.

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Gregory Damien said...

Are you playing at Sun Poker tonight?

I PMed the lady at Poker Analysis and told her you should get credit for me joining. I;m not sure what you get.

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Gregory Damien said...

You should make your poker analysis link the one from the referal - invite a friend email so you get credit for people coming from your page. You're getting a lot of traffic.

Do you have sitemeyter on your page?

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger billinga said...

Titans,

Well I was not nearly as happy. My average has dropped to 174. At least we won though. Hopefully I will figure out the damn ball and get it back to where it should be. Thanks for the kind words, I will take all the luck I can get.

Omenic,

I do not have any money at Sun Poker or I would play in the tourney. I do have sitemeter on the website. I am actually shocked that I have gotten as much traffic as I have. Thanks for your support.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home