Sunday, January 29, 2006

Snuck in some play - report from 1/28

Well after the busy schedule of Saturday I was able to get some play in for yesterday. After initially losing some in 3/6, I decided to take a shot at 5/10. This was not my first attempt at 5/10. Every now and then I will give a shot at a higher limit since my bankroll can certainly support the higher limit and it is good to see what you are going to get into down the road. I do not recommend trying a shot at a higher limit out of tilt, or because you are trying to get away from donkeys after a series of bad beats, etc.

That being said I made my money back and then some playing 5/10. In the small amount of time that I have played 5/10 (413 hands) I have won at a 11bb/100 clip. Obviously a large portion of that must be variance. Either that or I am the best 5/10 limit player in the world. My money is on variance. My VP$IP percentage is right at 20%, and my post flop play was solid. I did even get sucked out a couple of times but nothing too bad. I think I will try to play 5/10 again today and see how it goes. Obviously if I start to tank I will drop this experiment before it does too much damage. My bankroll is over 650 bb though which is perfectly fine to play at this level.

So the profit for the day including bonus money ended up being $213. That puts me at a new high for 2006. Here are the numbers......

Jan 1 bankroll - $5252
Jan 29 bankroll - $6580
Profit - $1328
Feb 1 goal - $7252

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home