Tuesday, January 31, 2006

One more day left - results from 1/30

Well the first month of the race is almost over. I had some ups and downs, but I feel very comfortable with where I am at. The more I think about it, the more I feel like 5/10 is the game for me. I have now played 1,739 hands at that level with a return of 4.83bb/100. Now I know that is an extremely small sample, but I have not had a losing day yet at that level. It just seems that you can make more plays, and there are less people willing to call you down with bottom pair in hopes to catch. I thought it would be odd to have two tables open with $500 on each, but I do not even think twice about it now. That is funny since a year ago I was worried about my $10 buyin on a .05/.10 NL table. This leads me to a tip....

TIP - Do not think of your wins or losses in terms of dollars. Instead use bb which for limit means big bets, and for NL it means big blinds. For example yesterday at one point I was up $200. That sounds like alot but it really is only 20bb. I have found that I have put less value on the actual money at the table. It is not that I throw it around, but I just view it as weapons to get other peoples money. I heard an interview with Jennifer Harman in which she said that when she feels she puts to much value in money she flushes a hundred dollar bill down the toilet. I am not suggesting going to that extreme, but if you think of your win/losses in terms of bb that will help.

So back to my race. I did win at just under a 2bb/100 clip last night. Unfortunately Bayou is having network problems so my bonus has not hit in a couple of days. So with the bonus I would almost be at 7k. Unfortunately until that hits I cannot count it.

Jan 1 bankroll - $5252
Jan 31 bankroll - $6826 (not including about $150 in bonus money)
Profit - $1574
Feb 1 goal - $7252

2 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Blogger actyper said...

The 5/10 game at pokerroom is pretty much the only 5-10 playing experience I have. Personally I found the same donkies at the lower levels play the 5-10 so it might be just a small sample size. A very profitable game.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger billinga said...

Hey actyper. What is your ID on pokerroom. I play my 5/10 game on a pokerroom skin so I may be one of those donkeys you are talking about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home