Monday, January 29, 2007

Results from 1/26-1/28

It was a great weekend for cash game poker, yet a horrible weekend for MTT poker. Overall for the weekend I won $3300 which brings the bankroll to a new alltime high of 28.6k. I am extremely happy about that despite the fact that I did not cash in any tourneys this weekend. I had a couple of bubble finishes and two heartbreaking bad beats in the Full Tilt 50k tourneys. Here are a couple of interesting hands.

Hand 1 - I was playing at the 4/8 NL deep stack table. The max buyin for this table is $1600. I bought in for the max and I had about $2000 when this hand shows up. I raise from middle position with 7d6d to $30. Everyone folds to the big blind who calls. The flop comes out Ks3h5h and the big blind checks. I bet $60 trying to take down the pot right there, but the big blind calls. The turn is a 4d, and the bb checks and I bet $120. The bb calls. The river is a 10s and the bb checks again. Now I have the nuts and I want to figure what he will call. I bet $300 into the pot and he reraises me allin. I call instantly and win a $3800 pot. He shows K10 for top two pair.

Hand 2 - I am playing againt David Chiu at a 5/10 table. I raise with 88 and I am reraised by David who is in the sb. I know he plays aggressive preflop so I call. The flop comes 832 rainbow. David bets $80 and I just call. The turn is a 10 and David bets out $150. I reraise allin for another $500 and David calls. He shows QQ to my set. The river comes a Q and David escapes my trap.

Hand 3 - I have KQs and I raise from late position. I was reraised by someone holding AQ and I called. The flop comes 910J rainbow and I flat called the bb bet. The next card was an 8. The bb bet out $150 and I reraised allin hoping the guy had a Q. He calls my allin bet and shows AQ. The river comes up a K and I lose.

I was happy that hands 2&3 did not put me on tilt. I kept playing my game and ended with a winning session.

Well that is all for now. Best of luck out on the felt.

5 Comments:

At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Slackin goff again Bill. You haven't posted in almost 2 weeks. what gives??

hope youe doing well. Drop me an e-mail

David
AKA - ruleakn

 
At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope everything is going well Bill, I do miss the blog. Your honesty of the high's and low's was refreshing and educational to anyone not understanding the need for bankroll management. I also enjoyed living through your play until I can get there myself. Good Luck with whatever you are currently persuing.
K

 
At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

where u go Bill?

FlyEagles

 
At 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

running bad?

 
At 1:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your blog so much, gives me another view of playing poker, where are you? Come back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home