Friday, July 14, 2006

8 winning days in a row but no WSOP for me

Well last night was the finals of the Bluff Poker Tour. Like usual, I choked for a WSOP main event seat. I was up and down for the first hour of the tourney, and then the 2nd hour I missed a couple of huge draws that left me with 10xbb. I raise to 4xbb after a limper with AhKh. The limper calls. The flop comes out A93. I push allin and get quickly called. He turns over 33 and I am dead. Another opportunity shot down.

I did play some 2/4 NL 6 handed tables and I did post a winning night overall, my 8th night in a row. My total profit for the night was $186, and that puts the bankroll at $26,184. Since moving to NL on June 1st I have posted 35 winning sessions out of 43 sessions overall and my profit has been nearly 14k. I do not see moving away from NL anytime soon obviously.

So tonight I am entertaining guests again, so I will not be able to play until much later unfortunately. Hopefully I can still get in a few hours of 2/4.

Here is a question for readers out there. Sunday I play in the 40 person freeroll at Pokershare that gives away 3 seat to the Main Event. If I should win a seat, and that is a HUGE IF, should I ask them if I can exchange it for a World Poker Tour seat? The reason I would do this is that I am supposed to go to the lake for a week with the kids when the WSOP starts. Now I really, really want to play in the WSOP, and I have never been to Vegas, but I also enjoy the lake, and I want to see my family. I would also hate to cancel the kids vacation. They have been looking forward to it all summer. Any thoughts???

I did notice that a couple of people have signed up for the rakeback deal. Thanks for using the link, and I hope you enjoy your new boost to your bankroll. Good luck everyone!!!!!!

8 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill,

It was always my dream to play in the WSOP. If it were me I could not turn down the opportunity of a lifetime.

But if I were to give you any advice it would be this. Go to the lake with your family and enjoy some time off. Ask Poker Share if they will buy you into the US Poker Championships in Atlantic City. It would still be a 10k buy in, televised event and the Taj Mahal is a nice place to play (stay away from the cash games though as I've heard many locals collude there).

Your chances of cashing there will be much better since you won't have to go through a field of 8000 players and the zoo that is expected there. The other thing is this. Since you would enjoy going to the lake, once the WSOP starts there is a chance that you would regret not going, which may affect your emotional state during the tournament.

You have a large enough bankroll that by the time next year's WSOP comes by you could buy in directly if you failed to win a seat online. But either way, if you don't play in this year's WSOP you will eventually. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

FF

 
At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are more WSOP's coming. Family is more important ;)

The direction your play is heading, I'm sure you can win a seat for next event. Besides.. I wouldn't complain about a seat at the WPT either :P

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger billinga said...

Thanks for the posts guys. The funny thing is my wife told me that we should go to the WSOP. She says that it is a "once in a lifetime opportunity". However I disagree with her, though I love her dearly for saying it. There will come a time when I am playing in at the WSOP every year. That time is probably less than 5 years away, certainly less than 10. Right now I need to focus on my family.

It is silly to worry about it. If I win, I plan on approaching Pokershare to see what we can work out. I believe they will be willing to work with me. I cannot believe I am saying that I would refuse a shot to play in the Main Event. For someone who loves poker as much as I do, and who has never been to Vegas, that is saying alot. I guess I am more grounded than I think.

 
At 4:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with the others....I have a firend out in minnesota that I promised to come and visit earlier in the year. You guessed it right smack in the middle of thw WSOP ME. At the end of the day I will never regret keeping my word but I most certainly would regret getting knocked out early AND not keeping my word. The fact that your wife would say "let's go" says to me that you have your life in balance and she loves to see you enjoy yourself. Keep up the good work with both your poker skills and your personal decisions!!

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger billinga said...

Thanks Mufasa. I know that you guys, and my original thoughts, are right. It is better when you talk it out though. Of course we are all talking like I won something. I may get knocked out first in this tourney and then all this talk was for nothing.

By the way I noticed that you signed up Mufasa. Thanks for using the link and best of luck to you on the felt.

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Raisinya said...

I agree with the others. You need to keep the promise to your kids and go to the lake. In the end family is just more important.

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger billinga said...

Thanks again for all the great advice guys. I truly appreciate it. I am going to play in the tourney and give it my best shot. If I win, I will then talk to the people at Pokershare to see what we can work out. My first choice would be a 2007 WSOP package, because I really want to experience Vegas and what better time but during the WSOP? If they wont do that then I would settle for a WPT seat or the US Poker Championship seat. If I am forced to play in the 2006 WSOP then I will face a tough decision. I dont think they will do that though. Pokershare seems very player friendly.

 
At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. Anyone heard of this site? www.123rakeback.com Can you really make
$3000.00 per month in poker rakeback? I checked this site and it looks
good but does anyone have any more info? Waiting....William

 

Post a Comment

<< Home