Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Why Bill is a dumbass

The other day I was telling you why you should root for Kenna James. Let me elaborate, and add Rick Fuller and crew to that list. Along the way you will find out why I am a dumbass (if you did not already know why). My buddies Greig, Jeremy, and Erik were all going to Vegas to watch Greig compete in the Mansion Pokerdome Speedpoker tourney. I backed out due to family obligations. Well on Sunday night my buddies go to the Rio and meet Kenna James finally. Kenna was super cool towards his new "Bluff posse". They also called up Rick Fuller who has played in tourneys with us online, and routinely posts in the Bluff forum. Well Kenna and Rick decide to take the guys out on the town with them, Gavin Smith, Clonie Gowen, and Chris "Jesus" Ferguson. Needless to say my buddies are having a blast going from club to club with these folks while yours truly is sitting at home playing 2/4 NL. All I can say is AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!

I get a phone call the next day and Greig cannot contain his excitement as he is relaying the story. He said that Kenna, Rick, and the gang treated them as they were long time friends. This from people that they have never "met", just really talked to online. If that does not show you what awesome people that they are, nothing will.

So instead of making my first trip to Vegas ever and getting to meet some really great people that I watch all the time on TV, I am sitting on my ass playing online and handling some family stuff. Man if that is not a bad beat then I do not know the definition of one.

So last night I played in a 180 man SNG on Stars and played some 2/4 NL on pokershare. I could not build any momentum at all during the day. I cashed in the SNG, finishing 12th when I pushed allin on the button with AQ for 10.5k and was called by the bb who had KJ. The blinds at the time were 600/1200 with a $50 ante. He flops two kings and I am out. GG me.

In the cash game I lost a $500 pot when my I went allin with my overpair of KK and I was called by A9s. He goes runner, runner for the flush. Just wonderful. I do manage to win $130 at that table anyway though.

So my profit for the day is $151 and that moves the bankroll to $25,079. It is my 5th straight winning day, hopefully that does not end soon. Oh well back to work and my sorrow of a missed trip. Good luck everyone!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home