Monday, June 05, 2006

Weekend recap

Well it was definitely an up and down weekend overall. The good news is that the bankroll has finally cracked the 13k barrier - but just barely. The bad news is that it was about $300 higher heading into Sunday night when disaster struck. First I played the $100+$9 25k event at Pokershare. To be honest I played this tourney like a donkey. I just got involved in way too many hands early and I ended up being too short stacked way too early. Yes I did push all my chips in the middle as a favorite and lost to be eliminated, but it was my bad play early that put me in that position.

Then I started playing 1/2 NL and I was doing well when disaster struck. I get AJ and an aggressive person raises on the button. I call from the small blind. The flop comes out AAJ. I bet, he raises, I call. The next card comes a queen. We get all our money in on the turn and of course he has AQ. That hand cost me over $250. Of course I could have gotten in all my money on the flop, but I am sure the result would have been the same.

So overall the bankroll has just creeped over 13k. I know that this is no where near 100k, but as long as we move up I will be happy for now. Tonight I will concentrate mostly on 1/2 NL, but I may give some 5/10 limit a shot again. Good luck everyone!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home